How to make a lampshade from a fabric in the form of a tulip
Often, to update the interior and give it a new look, one detail is enough. Today, we suggest you from the fabric to make an interesting hanging lampshade in the form of a tulip. Such a lamp shade will be unique, as you will use your fabric. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- decoupage glue;
- thick aluminum wire;
- plinth with cord and lamp;
- cotton fabric;
- Glue gun and glue to it.
Making the basis for the petals
1. Скачайте и распечатайте шаблон лепестка (скачать можно here).
2. Take the aluminum wire and pliers. Using the template, bend the wire into the shape of the petal (as shown in the picture). Make 10 such a wire warp.
3. Twist the tips of the wire together.
1. Cut out the pattern along the contour and attach it to the fabric.
2. Using pins, fix the template on the fabric.
3. Cut out the petal, making an allowance approximately in 1, see so that the cloth completely covers the wire lobe. Note: each separate petal of the lampshade will require two pieces of fabric, one for the front side, the other for the reverse one.
4. Take the tissue petals and, using a sponge, grease them with decoupage glue.
5. Place a wire petal between two pieces of fabric (the sides glued should be facing each other), and allow time to dry. Repeat these steps until you get 10 such a tissue petal with a wire inside.
6. Gently bend each petal, creating an arc (as shown in the picture).
We collect the lamp
1. Using a glue gun, put a little glue on the base of the future lamp, in the place where you plan to mount the first petal.
2. Attach the petal to the place with the glue applied and squeeze a little.
3. Glue another 4 petal, placing them in a circle on one level.
4. Now, move a little higher and add another layer of 5 petals around the circle, also using a glue gun. Try to ensure that the places of attachment of the upper layer of the petals are overlapped on the first layer.
1. Cut a long strip of fabric, about 30 in length and about 2-3 in width. Fold it in half along the entire length.
2. Using a glue gun, start wrapping this strip of cloth around the cap to close the binding points of the petals.
3. Continue winding until the whole plinth is wrapped. Periodically add a droplet of glue to fix the tissue.
4. All! Now you can hang your shade. Preliminarily, adjust the petals to make them look like a tulip. Pay attention to the fact that the petals must overlap.