How to make letters from a fabric without sewing
There are a lot of options for using fabric in your home. Today, we want to invite you to make soft letters of cloth. A distinctive feature of this project is the absence of any kind of seams and threads. The end result looks amazing. In addition, you can use not single letters, but make a whole word and place them in your interior.
You will need:
- fabric (preferably several types);
- cotton wool;
- glue gun;
- pencil pen);
1. Take the cardboard and draw the necessary letters. You can also use the computer and print the templates of the necessary letters in the right sizes, and then transfer them to the cardboard.
2. Take the scissors and cut out these letters, according to the outlines. In addition, cut a few cardboard strips thick about 4-5 cm. If you want thicker (or thinner) letters, then make the appropriate thickness of cardboard strips.
3. Take the cut cardboard letters and start wrapping them around the contour with cardboard strips. Pay special attention to the corners of letters, and use scotch for fixation. When you finish one letter - go to the next.
4. You should get something like that (in the photo the letters lie in the bottom up, but there are no letters on the front side of the cover).
5. Take the cotton wool and fill the cavity of the letters. Do not forget to tamp cotton, but make sure that the walls of your letters do not fall off (you will strengthen them later).
6. Take the cloth and start wrapping the letters and pulling on the fabric. Where necessary - use scissors, cut and cut out the necessary contours. Fix the ends of the fabric to the adhesive on the sides of the letter. Perhaps you want to remove the back part so that the letter is soft on both sides. To do this, first wrap the open side and fix the ends on the sides. Then remove the tape and cover from the back and add some more cotton, and then cover the back of the fabric, fixing the ends on the sides of the letter.
7. Well, your letters are almost ready. It remains to close the ugly places from the ends of letters. To do this, take a cloth (preferably it contrasts with a tissue of letters) and fold it in the form of a ribbon so that the edges are bent inward, and the width of the ribbon corresponds to the width of the letters. Now, starting with a less prominent place, wrap all the outlines of the letters with this strip. The strip is fixed with a glue gun.
8. Буквы готова! Теперь составьте слово и украсьте свой интерьер.