How to replace a pumpkin with a bottle of wine in Halloween
A holiday is approaching, which not so long ago entered our everyday life, and in the west it has been celebrated for a long time. We are talking about Halloween, which is celebrated on the last day of October. This holiday is rooted in the traditions and culture of the ancient Irish and Scottish Celts. And according to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word "Halloween" is the Scottish abbreviation of the English phrase All-Hallows-Evening (Evening of All Saints). On this day it is customary to dress in costumes, ghosts, vampires, ghouls and other evil spirits, and also to cut out of the pumpkin sinister lamps. Today we want to offer you a little fantasy and turn a bottle of red wine into an ominous pumpkin. This bottle by the way will be a wonderful decoration of your table. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- a bottle of wine (you can have several, preferably in dark bottles);
- Painting tape (preferably thick);
- pencil or marker;
- stationery knife;
- spray paint (preferably orange and green colors);
- degreaser (optional).
1. The first thing to do is remove the labels. To do this, type a bucket of warm water and put the bottles of wine there. Let the labels get a little pinched (about 10-15 minutes), so they will be much easier to remove. Make sure that no pieces are left.
2. Take a paint tape and wrap up the bottle and its neck (to avoid getting paint on this part in the future).
3. Use a pencil or marker and draw terrible faces.
4. Take the clerical knife and carefully make the cuts according to the contours drawn earlier.
5. Remove the paint tape, leaving the contours of the necessary parts of the face (eyes, mouth, etc.).
6. Spray the green paint on the neck of the bottle. Thus, the neck will look like a green stem from a pumpkin. Allow time for the paint to dry.
7. Glue the previously painted neck with paint tape so that the main (orange) paint does not get there.
8. Cover the entire bottle with orange paint.
9. Leave the bottle briefly for the paint to dry.
10. Gently remove the paint tape.
11. All! A bottle of wine for the festive Halloween table is ready! In addition, it will be an excellent presentation if you are suddenly going to visit this holiday. And when you empty these bottles - they can be used in interior decoration (for example as a vase).
Pleasant needlework and a holiday!