What to do with the old keyboard?
Do you know what happens to old or disabled computer keyboards? At best, they are dusting in the closet or wherever else. More often than not, they find their eternal refuge in the dump. It's sad, is not it? We bring to your attention one of many ideas that can be made from old, broken or unnecessary keyboards.
You will need:
- Old, unnecessary or idle keyboard (preferably more than one piece);
- Round magnets (12 mm in diameter);
- Glue gun and rods to it;
- Flat screwdriver;
So, we proceed.
1. Use a screwdriver and delete the keys you need with letters. Simply slip the screwdriver under the key and turn it gently (the key itself pops up).
2. On the back of the key there will be a small protrusion, which must be removed (torn out) with the help of pliers. Grasp the pliers with a tongue and try to twist it a little. The plastic in this place is rather fragile, so it must crumble.
3. After you remove enough plastic that your magnet is placed in the recess, connect and warm up your glue gun.
4. Apply a little glue to the recess on the back of the key.
5. While the glue is not cold and do not dry up put your magnet there.
6. Repeat the above steps (2 - 5 steps) for the remaining keys.
7. Now you can mount the magnets on the refrigerator and leave funny messages for your household. Note that for letters that repeat in a word, you will need 2 and older, unnecessary or broken keyboards.