Decorative book holder from an old toy
It often happens that the child grows up, but the toys remain. Most of us, probably, just put them in a pantry or somewhere else. And what else can be done with them? In today's project, we want to invite you to use one of these toys and thereby add a bit of decor for your interior. And to do you will be a holder (stand) for books and magazines.
You will need:
- plastic toy of medium size;
- board (preferably thicker and pomassive, but necessarily based on the size of the toy);
- Super glue;
- paint (preferably aerosol and any color for your taste).
1. In this example, a plastic toy is used in the form of a polar bear (by the way, various animals are suitable for this project best). Take it and cut it roughly in half (you can by eye). The main thing is that the cutting angle should be straight (at 90 degrees), with respect to the base. So pay special attention to this.
2. After cutting, be sure to cut it correctly. To do this, you can take a board, put it on the end and put half of the toy to it. If there are gaps or unevenness, use grinding paper and clean the necessary places.
3. Take a board and cut out the base of the necessary sizes and shapes. It is desirable that the board was massive and weighty (otherwise the holder will not hold the books). Be sure to make sure that the cuts are perpendicular. Also, be sure to peel all the scuffs (this will save you from splinters in the future).
4. Fold the shape as shown. This way, you will check the perpendicularity of the base and toy spills, as well as the gluing places.
5. Use super glue to glue the toy to the base. Give a little time to dry the glue (preferably 30 minutes, despite the fact that this is a super glue) and go to the next step.
6. Take a spray-paint and paint everything (bear and base) in the required color. Allow the paint to dry. If necessary, repeat this operation again 1-2 times.
7. Once the paint has dried, you can start decorating your interior with a new book holder.