How to make an old bottle yourself
I think in every house sooner or later, but there will be an empty bottle of wine, champagne, beer (or more strong drinks). Let's make of it a beautiful and nothing like an antique bottle for the decor of your interior. By the way, the whole process of manufacturing is simple enough and you will not need the skills of carving or something like that. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- empty bottle;
- Painting tape;
- jute or woolen thread;
- blue (black) acrylic paint;
- gold (bronze) acrylic paint;
- a metal brush (optional);
- super-glue or adhesive gun;
- sponge and brush;
- small decorative elements (chains, volumetric stickers, beads and other three-dimensional elements).
1. Take a bottle and cover it all "from head to foot" with pieces of paint tape. Pay attention, it is necessary to glue the pieces of paint tape, placing them in a chaotic order. This will create a unique structure of the surface of the bottle. By the way, if you do not have a paint tape near your hand - just tear the newspaper (or other paper) to scraps of about 5 * 5 see (crumble them to form wrinkles - the final effect will be better)) and glue them on the bottle in a similar way (chaotically and overlapping).
2. Take the jute or woolen thread and wind the neck. By the way, you can use a super-glue or glue gun to fasten individual turns of thread. This step is optional, because Use the effect of the wrapped neck depends only on you.
3. Using a super-glue or glue gun, glue the decorative elements on the bottle at your discretion. By the way, here you can also use a jute or wool thread to create three-dimensional lines and emphasize certain elements.
4. Paint the bottle with acrylic paint in blue or black (although in principle you can use any other color, just as it seems to us, black and blue blend perfectly with gold or bronze). Be sure to allow the acrylic paint to dry before proceeding to the next step.
5. Using a brush and a sponge, accurately draw convex places with gold or bronze acrylic paint. Try to apply a thin layer of paint. It will be even good if, in some places, black or blue color of the base will be visible through the paint. In addition, you can wipe lightly the already dry paint with a brush for metal - this will create an interesting effect.
5. Allow time for the paint to dry and expose your antique bottle to prominence. Let your guests see it and be surprised!