How to make a Morse code bracelet with your own hands
Probably in the life of everyone there was such a time when it was necessary to say or pass on to someone something secret, but to do it so that others would not hear, or better not even pay attention. We suggest you to make such a code bracelet with your own hands using Morse code! Let's encrypt the phrase "I love you". When manufacturing you do not need any jewelry skills, just try it!
We will need:
- thread floss 2-x colors (in the example pink and gray);
- thick rope or cord (you can use shoelaces from shoes);
- leather cord (optional, you can use a string of floss or laces from shoes);
- two large beads or a ball (there must be a through hole in which the thread passes a floss, but not too large, so that when the knot is attached the ball does not jerk off);
- ruler or tape measure;
1. We paste the paper into the printer and print the Morse code (you can download it here). If there is no printer, just overwrite the necessary code table by hand!
2. In order to encrypt the dots and dashes from the Morse code on your bracelet, follow these rules:
- the point is one revolution;
- dash is equal to three turns;
- The space between the characters of one letter is one turn;
- the space between the letters is three turns;
- The gap between words is seven turns.
3. Measure and cut two gray threads from a floss length 36 cm each.
4. Measure and cut two thick cords (shoelaces from shoes) in length 20 cm each.
5. Fold one gray thread and laces together so that the free ends of the threads from one end are equal to the length of the thread from the other end. Try to make sure that the threads of the mulina are in the center between two shoelaces.
6. Place the second piece of gray thread so that the ends of the thread and cord are on the same level.
7. Put the first piece of pink thread in the opposite direction so that it overlaps about 4 cm of the lace. Start wrapping it around all the threads and cords. Try to wrap the pink thread as tightly as possible.
8. Continue to tightly wind the pink thread until you wind around the order of 35 cm.
9. Then pass the pink thread through the middle and tightly wind it along one of the laces.
10. Take the gray thread and begin to form the first character of the letter "I" (the letter "I" consists of two points). Make one turn with a gray thread around the laces, then pass it through the middle and make another turn through one of the laces. This operation (passing through the middle and a revolution around one of the laces) you must do every time you change from one color to another.
11. The space between the points (the letter "I" consists of two points) is equal to one revolution. Therefore, switch to a single thread and make a turn around the laces. After fix, passing through the middle and wrapping around one of the laces.
12. Switch to the gray thread and make another turn. Everything, with the first letter you have finished !.
13. The gap between words (as We agreed earlier) is equal to seven turns. So switch to pink and make seven turns.
14. Continue to follow the rules above and end the message. Follow the Morse code. To encrypt the rest of the message. Here is a sample:
C = gray, P = pink
Space bar: РРРРРРР
15. When you have finished forming the Morse code on the bracelet, continue to tightly wind the pink thread so that you wrap all the shoelaces almost to the end. At the end, bind the double knot.
16. Carefully cut off the excess pink thread.
17. Take the beads or balls and thread a gray thread through them. At the ends tie knots. Make sure that the node is large enough and the balls do not fall out.
18. Take a leather cord (or a string of mulina) and cut about 30. See the string with beads on top of each other (as shown in the picture).
19. Leave the leather string under the strings.
20. The right end of the leather lace is passed from above, above the strings. Then, pass under the bottom of the left end and back through the top of the strings to the resulting loop. Tighten, but not too tight. It is necessary that the ties can stretch back and forth.
21. Now do the same, but in the opposite direction.
22. Make at least 12 such nodules. Make sure that the strings move back and forth.
23. When all the nodules are formed, tie two simple knots on their backs to fix. Cut off the excess.
24. Pull the straps and tighten the bracelet as necessary. Everything, now you have a fine adjustable bracelet with an encrypted message.