How to make a lumberjack costume for a boy's holiday
Hello! Everyone knows that children are flowers of our life! Duck, let's surprise them and enjoy a little of ourselves! We will make a suit for a lumberman for the upcoming holiday for our child. Just look how realistic it all looks! Yes, I forgot to say, all this can be done without sewing, only with the help of glue. So, let's get started.
We will need:
- 0,25 m2 felt (in the color of the beard);
- a little elastic fabric or gum;
- glue gun and glue to it (or needle and thread);
- strong stick (for ax);
- gray / silver paint;
- a thick rope (a whip is quite suitable);
- plaid shirt;
- blue jeans;
- a cap;
1. Download and print a template for the beard and ax (you can download here). The template is designed for the child 5-6 years (So, if necessary, adjust the template). Important, when printing, set the image on the entire sheet.
2. Note, in the template, only half the beard, so fold the felt in half. Then attach the template to the fold line, mark out the contour and cut out. If necessary, adjust the shape of the mouth.
3. Cut a strip of felt that is equal to the length of the upper edge of your beard and about a width of about 3,5 cm. Attach this strip to the top edge and gently cut out a piece corresponding to the mouth opening.
4. Cut another strip of felt of the same length and width, place it approximately at 1, see below the top edge (under the previous strip) and also gently cut out a piece corresponding to the mouth opening.
5. Add a few more strips of felt about 3,5 in width, the length of which corresponds to the length of the base of the beard. Each previous bar must go to the next overlap, in increments of about 1 cm. Do not trim the edges, this you will do later.
6. Now start sewing the stripes starting from the bottom. If you do not want to sew, then use a glue gun. Sew or apply glue at the top of the strip. Note, if you are glued, allow the glue to dry and freeze before attaching another strip.
7. When you reach the upper strips (with cutouts for the mouth) - sew (or glue) them on the contour of the cutout of the mouth.
8. After all the strips are sewn (or glued), flip your beard and cut with scissors the extra edges of the felt strips that extend beyond the main form.
9. Next, starting with the bottom strip of fabric, start making longitudinal cuts, not reaching the seam line (gluing) and leaving about 5 mm.
10. When all the cuts are made, with the help of elastic fabric or elastic, form the loops. In the future, with their help, the mask will be attached to the face. In these loops you will need to pass the ears. So make sure that you arrange these eyelets correctly, and your ears will not be cut later. These stitches can be sewn with a thread or glued with glue (although in this case epoxy glue will be better suited - it will hold tight). Please note that the eyelets should not be placed very close to the edge (otherwise you can not bend and hide the ends of the beard under the cap).
11. We begin to make an ax. Cut out the paper template (if you have not already done so). Next, put the template on the cardboard and cut along the 3 part of each form of the ax.
12. Fold the cut pieces together and glue them together.
13. After all parts are glued, take a gray or silver paint and paint the blanks on both sides. Do not forget to paint the ends and allow to dry.
14. The ax handle can be made from anything. In the example from the shovel saw off a part of the desired size.
15. Glue the cardboard blade of the ax to the stick. Note that the parts of the cardboard blade must be placed opposite each other.
16. In addition, glue along the joints of cardboard and sticks (this will give more rigidity).
17. Now take a thick rope (or whip) and begin winding the blade and crank crosswise (creating the semblance of the letter "X").
18. When you finish wrapping, tuck the end of the rope under one of the turns, thereby fixing it.
19. Add some glue to secure the end.
20. Finish the image. Wear a plaid shirt and jeans. Fasten the suspenders to the jeans so that they cross over on the back, and parallel to the chest. Put on your beard and hat. Fill the beard under the hat. Take your ax! Everything, the image of the lumberjack is ready!