How to make a trap for dreams with your own hands
Ловушка для снов — это индейский талисман, который защищает спящего от злых духов. Плохие сны запутываются в паутине, а хорошие проскальзывают сквозь отверстие в середине. Такой амулет можно сделать своими руками или купить в сувенирной лавке.
You will need:
- 2 rattan wrap (21 and 8 cm in diameter);
- Decorative feathers (7 large and about 20 small);
- Links or balls from wooden beads or rosaries;
- 8 skeins of thread of different shades for knitting;
1. We need to wrap a large hoop of rattan, to do this, lay the small end of the thread along the hoop and hold it with your thumb, start wrapping. Note that the coils should be close to each other. In this way, wrap around 1 / 3 the whole hoop.
2. To change the color, take another thread, lay the small end of this thread along the hoop, and holding it with your thumb, make several turns with the previous thread, to fix the tip.
3. To fix the tip of the first thread, lay it along the hoop and wrap it with a new color thread. Continue to wind the thread of a new color, alternate with the previous one and create a unique pattern, until you wrap the entire hoop. Pay attention: when finished - do not cut the thread!
4. Similarly, wrap a small hoop. When we finish the thread, too, do not cut!
5. We connect the hoops. Place the small hoop inside the large one. Take the end of the thread from the small hoop, make a loop (as if drawing an 8-ku) around a large hoop and secure the end on a large hoop with a double knot (see picture). Using scissors, cut the thread as close as possible to the knot.
6. Now using the thread from the big hoop we begin to pull both hoops together in the same way. Continue until you fix the inner hoop and you will not be satisfied with the result. After that, fix everything with a double knot and trim the tail.
7. We make the fringe. To do this, we cut the multicolored threads according to 80, see Select the color that will be central in the composition and take the appropriate thread. Fold it in half and thread under the hoop to make a loop. Thread the ends of the thread in this loop and tighten them tightly. Continue to add one thread from both sides, placing them close to each other, but not crossing, until you decide to change the color.
8. Similarly add other colors you like. Please note: the fringe should lie parallel to each other and not mix.
9. When finished with fringe, take a piece of paper and fold as shown. Cut the resulting triangle along the fold line.
10. Put the trap of dreams on a flat horizontal surface and straighten all the fringe. Put the carved triangle with the top to the ends of the threads and cut the protruding threads.
11. Glue the large feathers to the ends of the fringe as you like. It is desirable to have them symmetrically. Bonding of feathers and threads is a rather delicate process. It is necessary to ensure that the glue does not fall on the neighboring fringe, otherwise you will all stick together!
12. We stick small feathers. Take a small feather, brush its tip with glue and put a link on it from beads or rosaries. Do the same for all the remaining feathers.
13. When all the feathers are ready, glue them to the ends of the fringe, creating a composition at your discretion.
14. We make fastening for suspension. Cut the thread about 26 in length. Fold it in half and thread it through the link from the beads or rods so that the link is in the middle of the thread. Wrap the loop around the large hoop and thread the ends into it to make the loop, as shown in the picture. Properly tighten the loop, tie the ends with a double knot and lower the link.
Все, Ваша ловушка снов готова! Pleasant needlework!