How to make a snowman mask for a holiday
Good afternoon, dear masters and craftsmen. Continuing the topic of approaching Halloween, we want to offer another project to hide your face behind the mask. This time there will be a mask of a snowman (although to me it is more like a character from star wars). In the manufacture of such a mask is very simple. The only thing that the whole process takes more than a day, so make a mask in advance, and not on the eve of the holiday. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- Animal skins of suitable size (rabbit skin is used in the project);
- Needle with thread (or super-glue);
- something of which you can "blind" the shape of the face (for example, a bag of sand).
1. First of all, your skin needs to be softened a little. To do this, soak it in cold water (about 10 minutes).
2. While the skin becomes wet, put a pot of water and put it all on the stove. Heat it to about 80 degrees Celsius (this is roughly the main thing that water does not boil).
3. Remove the skin from cold water, squeeze well and place in hot (about 2 minutes). Be careful and do not burn yourself.
4. After about 2 minutes, remove the skin from the hot water, let it cool down a bit, and then squeeze it.
5. After "bathing" the size of the skin can be reduced (by about 30%). So, choose a skin a little more in size so that after shrinkage it could cover all your face. The figure below shows skins before and after bathing.
6. When the skin is still warm (and will not burn you), take a horizontal position, and put the skin on your face. Now you can meditate a little or just take a nap. Over time, the skin will take the approximate contours of your face, and the drying will be stronger.
7. When the skin dries a little and hardens, take the scissors and cut out the holes for the eyes and mouth.
8. The process of final drying takes quite a long time. Therefore, use improvised means and make a face (for example, inflate the balloon and place a piece of clay as a nose, or use a bag or pillow and give it the shape of a face). Put on it your skin and leave until completely dry. The more moisture in the skin - the longer it will dry. By the way, if you accidentally have a head from a dummy, you can use it (the mask is much more realistic).
9. When the skin dries and hardens, use a needle and thread and sew a rubber band to hold the face mask with it. By the way, you can not sew, but simply paste (but it will not be so firmly).
10. In principle, the mask is ready and can be used. But we would recommend adding one more stroke - a hood. You can sew it yourself, or use clothes with a hood. The combination of these two things (masks and hoods) gives a fabulous and amazing look.