How to make the amulet "God's eye" with your own hands
In different cultures, there are many different amulets and amulets from the evil eye. All of them differ in composition and technique. But there are also those who, with a fine thread, invariably pass through all cultures. It is precisely to such talismans that the Slavic "God's eye" belongs. He is present in Tibetan culture, among the Indians, he is called "The Eye of God", and the Mexicans "Ojo de dios". Today we will do something similar with you.
You will need:
- 2 sticks;
- threads, yarn, ribbons;
- decorative elements (optional at your discretion, but in general you can use shells, feathers, beads, rhinestones and much more).
1. Take the 2 sticks and cross them (that they resemble a cross or the letter "X").
2. Next, take the yarn and tie the sticks knot in the center.
3. Start wrapping the yarn around the sticks crosswise (like the letter "X"). Make sure that the sticks are well connected.
4. Then start winding the yarn clockwise, forming a diamond. First, skip the yarn under the neighboring ends of the sticks, then make a loop around one and again skip from the bottom and go to the next end of the stick. And so on.
5. Continue winding the yarn until you find it necessary to switch to a different color or material. To move through the node, tie together the two necessary yarns (or yarn with ribbon).
6. Узелок спрячьте с тыльной стороны и его не будет видно.
7. Alternate colors, materials and continue to wind them up on sticks until you are satisfied with how your amulet looks.
8. When you finish winding, you can add decorative elements. You can tie them or glue them. That's it! A beautiful element of the decor of your house is ready, which also protects you from the evil eye!