How to make a board for reminders in the form of bee honeycombs
From time to time, there is a desire to place on a particular wall a calendar, photos, a note or something else. Today, we propose you to make a special plaque for pinning in the form of multi-colored honeycombs. The end result looks great, even if you do not plan to pin anything on this dosochku.
You will need:
- polystyrene foam (thickness 3-5 mm.);
- colored paper (or self-adhesive film);
- Glue (not needed if using self-adhesive film);
- stationery knife;
- Double-sided tape.
1. Take a piece of styrofoam, compasses and draw a hexagon. Remember from the school bench how it's done? With a circle, draw a circle of the required radius. Then, without changing the radius on the compass, put the foot to any point of the circle line and find the place where the circles intersect. Put a mark there and rearrange the compasses on it. Then repeat the same steps until you reach the starting point. Then take a pencil and alternately connect all the intersection points. When you draw a hexagon - take a clerical knife and cut it out.
2. Use the resulting hexagon as a stencil and make as many bees as necessary.
3. Take the glue and apply it to one of the honeycombs. Then attach this honeycomb to the back of the colored paper. Allow the glue to dry. As an alternative, you can use a self-adhesive film. In this case, simply attach the foam plastic honeycomb to the adhesive side of the film. Then (regardless of the option that you used), take a clerical knife and gently trim the excess paper around the edges of the honeycomb.
4. Cover the remaining honeycomb with colored paper. Try not to use one color. Combine colors, experiment with them.
5. To the back of the honeycomb attach a double-sided tape (or apply it directly to the wall or the board - depending on how you are going to mount the honeycomb to the wall). Then start to connect the honeycomb to each other, combining the edges of neighboring cells. In this step, we offer you also to experiment and create a unique composition (you can even leave a hole in the middle).
6. That's all! Take a few steps back and admire your work, and then start pinning what you wanted.