How to decorate a mirror and give it originality
Сегодняшний проект посвящен созданию удивительного и оригинального зеркала. Отличительным плюсом является то, что в процессе создания декор зеркала можно легко изменить и создать предмет интерьера, соответствующий Вашему стилю. Кроме того создать такое оригинальное винтажное зеркало гораздо проще, чем кажется. Итак, приступим.
You will need:
- mirror (size depending on your preferences);
- frame for the picture (for the length and width of the frame should be on 1 see more mirror sizes, in addition it must be deep enough to hold the mirror);
- fixing for the mirror (optional);
- glue mirror (for fixing fasteners - optional);
- packing paper (optional);
- Painting tape (optional);
- white spray-paint (or another at your discretion);
- decor elements (plastic figurines, decorative flowers, cones, rope, etc.);
- Super glue.
1. Insert and fasten the mirror in the frame for the picture. It is advisable to lay a sheet of thin cardboard on the back side (or better glue it to a mirror). In addition, at this stage, consider the places where the mirror is fixed to the wall. Please note that the mirror is heavier than the picture, so the frame is not always able to withstand such a load. In this case, use a special fastener for the mirror, which is simply glued to a special glue for mirrors (tearing them off afterwards is almost impossible).
2. Now disassemble the whole structure, it's time to paint. If you remove the mirror from the frame, it is not possible anymore, then use the wrapping paper and the paint tape and cover the entire mirror surface. Take a balonchik with white (well, or any other for your taste) paint and paint the surface of the frame.
3. Gather the necessary decor elements. It can be plastic toys or figurines, decorative flowers or fruits, pieces of cloth, cones, ropes, buttons, pencils and everything else that you need to be present in the exposition at your discretion.
4. Use the spray paint (the same color as when painting the frame) and carefully paint all the decor elements from all sides. You may need to apply several coats of paint.
5. Before proceeding to the next step, make sure that all the decorative elements are well painted and the paint has dried.
6. Begin collecting the composition into a single whole by gluing the individual decor elements to the desired place and gluing them together. Please note, if you need the decor elements to go beyond the frame (as in the above project), then at this place, from the back of the frame, glue a piece of cardboard (slightly smaller than the protruding part). Be sure to color this piece of cardboard in the required color (so that it does not stand out against the general background).
7. After you finish the assembly - apply another coat of paint to hide the bonding points. Then let the paint dry.
8. Now insert the mirror (if you took it out) into the decorated frame and fasten it.
9. That's it! It remains only to fix your mirror on the wall, and take a couple of steps back to admire your work of art.