How to put an image on a plate (reverse decoupage)
Если Вы хотите немного украсить свой обеденный стол или интерьер необычными и оригинальными тарелками, то обратный декупаж то, что Вам необходимо. Стоит отметить, что такая техника безопасна для еды, ведь все действия происходят с обратной стороны тарелки. Итак, приступим.
You will need:
- transparent dish;
- alcohol (strong alcoholic beverage);
- Adhesive spray (suitable conventional PVA);
- white acrylic paint + color of your choice;
- foam rubber sponge (brush);
- necessary pictures;
- black permanent marker;
- acrylic lacquer.
1. First, you need to prepare the back surface of the plate, so take a rag soaked in alcohol (a strong alcoholic beverage) and wipe the entire surface. Since the plates in the project will be with a little bit, put the plate on a flat surface with the back side of the plate up, and then use a permanent marker and carefully draw it along the edge of the plate. This is not necessary if you are not going to do the trunks, but in our opinion the final effect with a border looks more attractive. In addition, you need to print (preferably on a color printer) the necessary images or pictures, and then carefully cut them along the contour.
2. Use a spray glue (or conventional PVA glue) and paste the cut images to the back of the plate. To glue it is necessary so that the figures are facing inwards and clearly visible from the front side. While the glue is not dry, do not forget to smooth out all the wrinkles in the drawings. By the way, if you want to make the colors more juicy, then after the glue dries you will need to paint the necessary places with the appropriate acrylic paint. Next, decide on the background of the plate and take an acrylic paint of the required color. Use the sponge (brushes) to paint the back side. You have to apply the paint in several layers, so wait until the previous layer dries.
3. When all the layers are dry, apply a protective acrylic lacquer. He will not only protect the reverse side of the plate, but also give it a little shine.
4. That's all, and it's ready! It remains only to gently wash the plates with a sponge and immediately dry them to avoid damage. Of these plates can be eaten, but after use, try to wash them immediately, preferably without using cleaning agents (well, or at minimum) and especially do not rub the back side. In any case, such plates will look great as a decor of your interior!