How to make a composition for henna painting
The preparation of the composition is quite simple and does not require any specific knowledge or effort from you. The most important thing is that you need to start cooking in advance, at least for 24 hours before the start of painting. The quality of the pattern is determined by the quality of the paste, so we give you the traditional recipe for its preparation. The recipe is designed for 20 gr. henna powder, from which you will get about 100 gr. pasta. This is enough to apply a drawing on both hands to the elbow. So, we proceed.
You will need:
- Henna powder (20 gr.);
- Freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice;
- Granulated sugar;
- Plastic (or glass) utensils for mixing;
- Aromatic oil (optional);
- Basma (optional, to get a dark brown color pattern).
1. Sift the henna through a fine strainer to obtain a uniform mass. Then pour it into a plastic bowl.
2. Add in a bowl 1 / 4 a glass of lemon juice and mix everything thoroughly so that no lumps remain. Should get a thick mixture, reminiscent of mashed potatoes. By the way, henna with ordinary water is not recommended, because henna requires an acid medium for coloring. In addition, at this stage you can add aromatic oil or basma (will give the finished pattern a dark brown color). ATTENTION: We do not recommend adding other elements to the composition, as this can cause an allergic reaction!
3. Wrap the bowl with a kitchen tape (or a cellophane bag). Be sure to close tightly to restrict air access, and allow the mixture to stand in a warm place about 12 hours.
4. After 12 hours, add a teaspoon of granulated sugar to the 1 mixture and mix well. The consistency should remind the toothpaste (if it is thick, then it will be hard to squeeze out, and if it is liquid, the drawing will spread), so if necessary, add still a powder of henna or lemon juice (depending on the condition) and mix everything. Then again "seal" a bowl of henna in a cellophane bag and leave in a warm place for another 12 hours.
5. That's all! The composition is ready for use. Simply pour it into the cone (extrusion tool) and start creating! About how to do it you can read in the article How to make a tool (cone) for painting henna. And below we give a picture of how the drawing will change its color.