How to make a vase for fruit from a rope?
Today we want to tell you how, with a minimum of effort and materials, you can create interesting vases for fruits, nuts or use it for decorating your interior.
- twine or other rope;
- means for stiffening the fabric;
- 2 deep plates (one for soaking, the other for shaping - at your discretion);
- food film.
Let's get started.
1. Take the cup that you chose as the shape. It can be a deep dish, a pan or something else. Wrap the food film over the outside of what you have chosen. Make sure that all the ends of the film fit snugly against the inside of the bowl.
2. In another bowl, pour a little liquid to stiffen the fabric. Next, cut the whip (or other rope) into strips of about 110 each.
3. Soak the cut lice in the prepared liquid. Make sure that the lavatory is well soaked, if necessary, add more funds.
4. Take your mold bowl, wrapped in food film, and randomly start laying strips of lashing. Twist and twist the whip at your discretion, fantasize and create patterns.
5. Last 3-4 strips of lashing wrap around the base of the bowl in a spiral to give it a flat base and, accordingly, stability.
6. Further it is necessary to strengthen all the contact of the ropes with each other. To do this, just apply a finger or brush to all joints to make the stiffness. This step is very important, because it provides the rigidity and integrity of your vase.
7. Now we must give the vase a little dry. Put it in the sun or next to the heater.
8. When the Vase is a little dry and stops leaving traces of glue on your hands, start periodically compressing your vase with your fingers and palms. The more the Vase dries, the harder it will be. This drying process takes about a day.
9. After drying out, remove the base and remove the bag. You may think that the resulting vase is too flexible, but this is not the end of the drying. To dry it will finally take about 2 days. Make sure that your vase has dried completely before you put anything into it.
10. After completely drying the vase, use scissors (or just fingers), remove all the dry pieces of excess adhesive between the ropes. It will take you some time and will require a lot of patience, but the end result is worth the effort.
11. So, everything is ready. It remains only to fill your vase with fruits, nuts or something else and use it in the decor of your interior. IMPORTANT: do not overload the vase, do not pile up a mountain!