How to make an album for scrapbooking
Сегодня Мы предлагаем Вам своими руками создать альбом для скрапбукинга. Главным отличием этого проекта от других является то, что альбом будет переплетен ленточкой. Этот нюанс поможет Вам добавлять или убирать листы альбома, что иногда очень полезно. Кроме того, Вам не понадобиться громоздкое оборудование для переплета. Итак, приступим.
You will need:
- 2 square pieces of thick cardboard with dimensions of 24 x 24 cm;
- 2 rectangular piece of thick cardboard with dimensions of 3 x 24 cm;
- fabric for the cover;
- thick paper (white or colored);
- PVA glue;
- brushes (large and small);
- hole puncher;
Preparing the pages
1. Take white (writing) paper and cut it into sheets of the required size. Then on each sheet, make four grooves parallel to the edge of the page.
- 1-i furrow at a distance of 2,5 cm from the edge;
- 2-i furrow at a distance of 6 cm from the edge;
- 3-i furrow at a distance of 6,6 cm from the edge;
- 4-I groove at a distance of 7,2 cm from the edge.
It is necessary that the sheets bend strictly along the lines.
2. Bend all the leaves on the first groove. Make sure that the fold line is flat.
We mark places for binding
1. Now you need to decide on the holes for the future binding. It is very important that all the holes (on the sheets and the cover) coincide with each other. If the holes are not made accurately, the sheets in the binding will fall as horrible and will stick out in different directions. Therefore, take one of the pages prepared in the previous step. Using the ruler, find and mark the center of the folded edge.
2. Then, on the same line, retreat along 1-2, see from the left and right edges of the page and make notes.
3. Now find the middle between the center point and each of the lateral points and make appropriate notes.
4. Parallel to the bent edge in the middle, draw a line. The intersections of the central line and the marks will be places of future holes.
5. Take a punch hole and puncture all the holes on this sheet of paper.
6. Use a sheet with already punctured holes as a template. Combine it with the remaining sheets of paper and pierce the holes. Watch for puncturing holes in places where sheets are bent.
7. After all the sheets are punctured, take a piece of rectangular cardboard for the cover and attach it to the template so that the bent edge abuts against one side of the cardboard.
8. Again, use a punch hole and make all the holes in the cardboard. Then, repeat the same thing with another rectangular piece of cardboard for the cover.
We prepare the tape for binding
1. Cut a piece of tape about 150 in length. Cut the ends diagonally.
2. Lubricate the tips of the tape with PVA glue so that they do not spread. Set the tape down to dry.
Making the album cover
1. Place the fabric face down.
2. Put a large square cardboard on the fabric. Nearby place a rectangular (with punctured holes) so that the holes are closer to the large cardboard. Between the cartons, leave a distance of about 0,5 cm. Please note that at the edges of the cartons there should be a fabric allowance of at least 1 cm.
3. With a pencil, mark the placement of the cards so that in the future they do not make a mistake and stick them where they need to be.
4. Remove the large square cardboard and apply a layer of PVA glue on it with a brush. Try to miss the entire surface, and make sure that the adhesive layer is approximately the same in all places.
5. Glue the cardboard to the fabric in the place that you marked earlier. Firmly press it down with your hands.
6. Turn the fabric over and iron the entire face from the center to the edges to remove all air bubbles.
7. Repeat the same operations and glue a rectangular cardboard with holes in the desired location.
8. Trim the fabric from all sides, leaving the allowance in 1, see.
9. Cut the corners diagonally. Do not cut the corners into the back of the cardboard, leave some cloth there. It is necessary that the fabric covers the corners of the cards.
10. Repeat all operations and make the second cover.
Back of the cover
1. With a fine brush, apply PVA glue to the fabric allowances and glue it to the back of the cover. Do not forget to smooth out to remove all the air bubbles.
2. Pay attention to how the corners are glued together. That allowance that you left makes it possible to make a small overlap. As a result, the corners of the cardboard will not be visible.
3. Well glue the spaces between the carton, where the fabric is stuck together with the fabric.
4. When the glue dries, take a punch and punch holes in the fabric in the required places.
5. Repeat all operations and glue the edges of the second cover.
Close the inside of the cover
1. Take a sheet of dense colored paper. On the back of this sheet, apply a layer of PVA glue and glue it on the reverse side of the cover.
2. Well smooth the glued sheet and make sure that all the places are stuck, and there are no air bubbles.
3. While the glue is not dry, slowly bend your cover along the line between the two cartons. Make sure the paper is not peeled off anywhere.
4. Take a punch hole and punched holes in the required places. Everything, one cover is ready. Repeat the necessary steps and finish the second cover.
1. That's the time for the binding of your album! Lay ready-made covers and punched pages as an open book with pages on the right side. Interlace You will be the easiest way, as if tying shoelaces.
2. Take the tape and thread one end through the bottom hole on the left cover. The tip of the tape should be inside the book.
3. Now start threading the ribbon through the bottom holes in the pages, as if you are flipping through a book. To speed up the process, you can pass the ribbon through 2-3 pages at a time.
4. When you pass all the pages, transfer the end of the tape to the right cover and pass through the bottom hole so that the tip is outside the album.
5. Now take the other tip of the tape and perform the same operations, but from right to left.
6. When you pass the tape, take the tip that sticks out of the left cover from the outside and also from the outside to the inside, pass it through the next hole in the right cover.
7. Start again turning the pages and passing a piece of tape to the right, through the holes in the sheets.
8. Now grasp the tip of the ribbon that comes out from the right cover and pass it from the outside to the inside through the hole on the left cover. Outside, you will receive a cross.
9. Continue to lace your album in the manner described above until you pass through all the holes.
10. Когда XCHARXзашнуруетеXCHARX весь альбом, ослабьте ленту и закройте книжку. Выпрямите ленточку, чтобы она смотрелась изящнее и особо не перекручивалась.
11. Grasp the first stitch and hook it around the corner of the album (as shown in the picture). This will give firmness to the binding and will not let the covers slip away when viewing the album.
12. Tighten all the stitches and ribbon as a whole so that the pages and cover do not hang. Make sure that both ends of the tape are approximately the same length.
13. Tie the ends of the ribbon into a knot and a bow.
Everything, you made an album for scrapbooking! Well, or if you want, then just an album for drawing, sketching or recording.
If in the future you want to delete or add a page, simply unwind the album, add the page and similarly wrap it again.