How to make a paper yourself
Dear masters and craftsmen, today's project will tell you how to make a paper with your own hands. As a result, sheets of textured, decorative paper of the required size and color are obtained. The resulting paper will look great, stylish and very vintage. On such a paper it is possible to write (just imagine how the addressee reading the message on such exclusive paper will be surprised) or use it as a decoration (after all, the texture of the paper in every way contributes to this). So, let's get started.
You will need:
- unnecessary paper (drafts, newspapers, egg pallets, etc.);
- blender (it is advisable to use an old one in which you do not cook food);
- 2 frame for a picture of the same size (to create a pallet);
- mosquito net (the smaller the cell - the better and more smoothly your paper will turn out);
- Wooden frame for photo (without glass, back and according to the size of the desired sheet);
- putty knife;
- nylon mesh (piece of felt);
- dye or water-based paint (optional for painting the sheet).
1. First of all, you need to collect two pallets to form and dry the future paper. To do this, take the picture frames and to the back side of each perimeter nail (hammer, industrial stapler) mosquito net. Make sure that the mosquito net is stretched and not sagged.
2. Now that the pallets are ready, proceed to forming a mixture for the future paper. For this, take unnecessary paper (drafts, newspapers, egg pallets, etc.) and tear it into small pieces (the less, the better). By the way, based on experience, it is better to use already "recycled" paper, as the paper received as a result of hand-made work will be more durable and flexible.
3. Fold all the torn pieces of paper into the blender (about 1 / 3 of the volume of the blender bowl) and pour the rest of the water. Pay attention, the more water, the better. By the way, at this stage you can add a little dye (water-based paint) to the water to change the color of the paper.
4. Turn on the blender, you will need to grind everything to get a homogeneous mass (that mixture was on a thick soup). If necessary, add water.
5. Take one of the pallets (collected in the 1 step) and put it on the sink (or basin). Otherwise, all the "extra" water will be on your floor. To form even edges of the next sheet in the center of the pallet, place the frame for the photos of the desired size.
6. Pour the resulting mixture into the photo frame. Try to pour the mixture evenly.
7. After filling the form - use a spatula and level the surface. Make sure that all corners are filled, but try not to press strongly. As excess water will drain you will notice more and more uneven lumps - remove or smooth them. By the way, if there are a lot of lumps, it's better to go back a few steps and re-rub everything with a blender (after adding water).
8. Now that you have cleaned, ripped all the lumps and are happy with the surface - remove the photo frame. Do not worry that the edges of the future paper are not exactly even (this is for the best and will give the originality paper).
9. Take the second tray, made in the 1 step and place it on top of the second one, so that the mosquito stacks fit together.
10. Using a sponge, start dipping the surface through the mesh. To do this, squeeze the sponge a little, place it in the desired place and press it out. Most likely you will even hear how the sponge draws moisture. Pay attention, do not move the sponge over the mosquito net, instead use point stretching. Perform this operation until the sponge absorbs moisture.
11. Now your sheet is ready for final drying. Carefully remove the upper pan and cover the top of the future sheet with a nylon mesh (or felt), then cover again with a pallet.
12. Flip the entire structure of the pallets so that the bottom part is on top. Just carefully remove the upper pallet now, cover the next sheet with a nylon net (or felt) and close the pallet again.
13. Place your pallet on a firm and level surface, so that the mosquito net touches this surface. From above you will need a small press, so it is also desirable to put something with an even surface there.
14. Now it remains only to wait a little while the paper sheet has dried completely. After that, gently pull it out of your "vise", pallets and use at your discretion.