How to make decorative "sparkles"
Never thought to make your own sequins at home. It turns out this is not so difficult. The only thing that should be noted is that the quality of shine will depend directly on the ingredients used, namely, salt. But first things first.
You will need:
- the English salt of a shallow fraction (crystals of such salt are usually transparent and already have a brilliance in themselves, although in principle any other salt will do, except that there will be less glitter from it);
- food coloring or liquid watercolor (depending on the required color);
- plastic bag (or ordinary cellophane, and preferably without holes
1. Take and pour the required amount of English (food, cooking or other) salt in a plastic bag. Please note that for each color and shade of future gloss you will need a separate bag.
2. Mix different colors of food coloring (liquid watercolor) to obtain the desired color. If the color is too saturated, dilute it with water to obtain the desired shade. Then pour the resulting mixture into a bag of salt.
3. For uniform coloration Mix well salt and dye with each other. Do not forget to close the package!
4. After you have stirred the salt it will take some time to dry out. So open the bag and leave to dry for about a day.
5. When the salt dries you will get your own decorative "sparkles". Their shine depends on the salt you used, so before using salt - see if it glitters. By the way, bright colors (bright yellow, bright orange, bright green, etc.) look best.