How to make children's moccasins from the skin
Moccasins are extremely popular in our time. Today, We will try to show you how to sew a perfect pair of such shoes for the little legs of your child. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- a piece of leather 60 x 30 cm;
- pattern for the pattern of children's loafers (can be downloaded here);
- pencil, chalk (for marking up the skin);
- thick needles capable of piercing the skin;
1. Print a copy of the template for the design of children's loafers. Make sure that you print it in full size (without changing the original size). Then cut them out.
2. Place the cut shapes on the back of the skin and apply the markings.
3. Cut out all the necessary shapes from the skin. Make sure you have the 2 kit in your hand (for 1 pair).
We make the sole and heel of moccasin
1. Take the leather oval, the rectangular workpiece and determine their centers (for the oval - the center of the rounding, for the rectangle - the center of the long side). Then combine the found centers and fasten them with a pin so that they do not get lost. Pay attention that it is necessary to fasten so that the faces of the leather blanks face each other.
2. With the help of pins, continue to attach a rectangular leather strip to the leather circle, following its contour.
3. Take a needle and a thread and sew together, fastened with pins, leather parts. Try to make the seam as close as possible to the edge.
4. Turn the resulting foundation inside out. The upper edge bend approximately to 1 cm along the entire length and secure it with pins.
5. Again, take a needle and thread and sew the bent edge, trying to make stitches as close as possible to the edge.
We make a moccasin sock
1. Take the leather small rectangle and semicircle. Align the long edge of the small rectangle with the straight edge of the semicircle and secure with pins. Note that you need to arrange the leather blanks as follows: a small rectangle is attached to the back side of the semicircle.
2. Sew the leather rectangle to a semicircle, trying to make stitches as close as possible to the edge.
Sew the sock and heel of moccasin
1. Turn out the sole and heel of the moccasin so that the front side is on top.
2. Unfold the moccasin toe and attach it to the sole in such a way as to combine the semicircular parts. Secure them with pins so that they do not crawl. Pay attention, attach so that the faces of the semicircular parts are facing each other.
3. Sew the semicircular pieces with each other, following the contour of the oval and placing the seam as close as possible to the edge. Do not sew the rectangular part.
1. Turn the moccasin inside out so that the leather front side is on top.
2. Use the scissors to cut the stripes on a small rectangle.
That's it! One moccasin is ready. Repeat all operations and sew another one to make a pair. Now you can dress them for your child, give them to your relatives or leave them at home as decor!