How to make a tool (cone) for painting henna
Drawing from henna can be applied with the help of various devices. It can be a medical syringe (without a needle), a plastic bottle with a small hole, a cone made of polyethylene, an ice cream stick (for wide patterns), a stick, a brush or a toothpick. It all depends on your preferences. We'll tell you about making the most convenient (in our opinion) tool-applicator, about the cone made of polyethylene.
You will need:
- polyethylene (such as in which flowers are packed);
1. From polyethylene, cut out a rectangle, about 10x10cm in size.
2. Fold it into the cone so that the sharp edge is approximately at the middle of one side.
3. Correct the point of the cone. It should be as sharp as a needle, so that henna does not leak out.
4. With a small piece of tape, fix the sharp edge so that the cone does not unfold. Try not to glue the tape to the very edge, retreat 2-3 mm.
5. Glue the remaining seams of the cone with adhesive tape so that henna does not leak.
6. Fill in the cone henna so that the composition does not reach about 2 cm to the lowest edge of the cone. On how to prepare the composition, you can read in the article How to prepare a composition for henna painting.
7. Using adhesive tape, glue the upper part of the cone so that henna does not leak.
8. Twist the glued tip so that the henna densely fills the entire volume assigned to it (roughly the way you twist the tube with toothpaste). Be sure to fix it with tape so that the tube does not turn around.
9. Your tool (cone) for painting with henna is ready. Now, when you are going to paint something, just gently cut the small tip with scissors so that when pressing on the tube, henna could come out with a thin strip.