How to make a picture of threads (nitcography)
Of threads and glue, you can make a lot of interesting crafts. In today's project, we decided to consider such a handcrafted technique as a nitcography and tell you about how from a seemingly simple thread you can make a beautiful picture - a real work of art. Such a picture of the threads will necessarily decorate your house, cheer up or become a great gift. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- a piece of thick cardboard (or fiberboard);
- transparent polymer adhesive (you can use an adhesive gun);
- Woolen or acrylic threads of different colors, without spools and the same thickness.
1. Using a pencil or marker, apply the desired pattern on a thick cardboard or fiberboard.
2. Begin to glue the threads. First, glue the main contours. To do this, apply the adhesive to the desired line (contour) and glue the thread of the desired color.
3. After the main circuit is ready, go to the sealing of the internal sectors. Try to keep the threads as close as possible to each other so that there are no gaps.
4. When finished iron iron your work through cotton fabric. It is necessary that the strings are tightened and little flaws disappear. If you already have a hand, then you can not iron it - it's better to get better. Remains only to insert your picture of threads in a frame or baguette.
Below you can see several examples of paintings made from threads made using the method of nitcography.