How to make a cardboard table for a child
Probably all children love to draw without exception. Some even use canvas as walls, upholstery of armchairs and sofas, and even windows. And this is understandable, because often we do not allocate a special place for drawing. Today we want to offer you a project that in some way corrects this situation. We suggest you make a children's table of cardboard for drawing. By the way, it can be used not only for children, but used in your own bed (for men, for example, to bring in the morning coffee for your beloved second half).
You will need:
- cardboard box (from under the TV, washing machine, refrigerator, etc.);
- cardboard tube (you can use residues for example from toilet paper or film for packaging);
- scissors (or clerical knife);
1. Design the dimensions and shape of the table, and then cut it out of cardboard. It is advisable to round the corners to avoid inconvenience in the future.
2. Using the previously cut out shape as a template, cut out more 3-4 such shapes. Put one piece aside, and continue to work with the rest.
3. Measure the diameter of your carton tubes and cut out the holes to attach the legs to the workpieces. The diameter of the holes is recommended to be made at 1-2 mm. less, so that the legs do not subsequently fall out.
4. Glue together all the blanks with holes. It is desirable in the process of gluing to put something heavy on top.
5. Cut the cardboard tubes into equal lengths. You should get at least 4 the same legs. Then, glue the inner surface of the holes with glue and insert the legs. Note that the edges of the legs should not protrude beyond the surface of the workpieces.
6. Take the previously laid out blank and glue it from above to close the holes, and create a smooth working surface.
7. When the glue comes up, it remains to make a few decorative steps and decorate your table, the way you want. You can, for example, use paint and paint the work surface. Or paste the table with decorative film, or come up with something of your own.