How to make a leather wallet in 10 minutes
In today's project, we will consider the manufacture of a simple leather wallet. The project is quite simple in execution and it is possible to realize it for everyone at home. The whole process will take no more than 10 minutes (and if you adapt, then you can keep up with 5). In such an exclusive wallet, made by yourself, you can put only money and plastic cards (garbage in the form of old checks, papers and receipts there simply can not fit), so it will not clutter up.
You will need:
- a piece of leather of the required size (thickness approximately 2 mm);
- stationery knife;
- round knife (optional);
- a hammer;
- awlo (better mechanical);
- several needles (pins);
1. First, print out a template for the future wallet (you can download it here). Then use the scissors (clerical knife) and cut it out.
2. Take a prepared piece of leather and, using a template, translate it into a form of cutting the future of the purse (do not forget to mark the location of the circles).
3. Use the stationery knife (it is better round to make a more even cut) and cut out the pattern along the contour.
4. Bend the "ears" inwards so that one side of the tab coincides with the edge of the leather blank. Place the folding position gently with a hammer so that a fold line is formed and the integrity of the skin is not broken (so that it does not burst).
5. Using an awl (you can use a hole punch), make holes in the places marked with circles. The holes for the diameter must be such that they can place the rivets you selected.
6. Secure the rivets in the holes (for convenience use a hammer). By the way, in the example, usual tubular rivets (6 mm diameter, 6 mm length) are used from old brass, as they fit very well with the skin and give the product a vintage appearance. You can use rivets to your liking.
7. All is ready! It remains to bend the wallet and with light, neat strokes of the hammer to walk along the fold line to form it more clearly. By the way, we would be happy if you post in your comments your wallet, manufactured using this technique.