How to make a paint on which you can draw with chalk
All of us from childhood remember the school board on which we wrote chalk, counted and painted. Recently, smaller copies of such boards are appearing more often in our interiors. They are used mainly for mini-records, to remind about something to the household. Find a board of the required size is difficult enough (as in principle and a special paint), it is much easier to make the paint for such a board and paint the necessary surface.
You will need:
- acrylic or latex paint of the required color (better than black);
- mixture for grouting joints (best of all white);
- a mixing stick (or a special mixer-drill bit);
- brush or roller;
- the basis for the board (best wooden or plywood);
- paint mixing tank.
1. Depending on the amount of paint and the number of layers, you will need a different amount of paint. Therefore, follow the proportions: on 1 a glass of paint - 2 teaspoons of a mixture for grouting joints.
2. Положите 2 чайные ложки затирки для швов в емкость для смешивания. Добавьте немного воды, чтобы разбавить затирку.
3. Mix the diluted grout with acrylic (latex) paint and mix thoroughly. The mixture should be homogeneous in structure, without lumps. By the way, if you want to get a certain shade, you can mix the paint of several colors. The only thing, the paint should be a dark shade, otherwise the chalk on it will not be visible.
4. Take the brush and paint the mixture with the base for the future board. By the way, if you want you can apply this paint directly to the wall or any other object. In this case, make sure that the surface is smooth, without bumps and jags. If during the painting you will notice the lumps of the non-dissolved trowel - gently remove them.
5. When you paint all the necessary surface - allow it time to dry. This may take about 24 hours or slightly more. If necessary, apply one more - two layers, each time giving the paint a dry time.
6. Now that all the layers are dry, you need to grind the board a little. To do this, simply grind the entire surface of the chalk, and then wipe everything dry with a cloth (or a slightly damp sponge).
7. Your own board (surface) is ready! Draw, write and just have fun. The only thing, pay attention to the type of chalks used. They are divided by hardness. And for your board you need soft crayons (well, or in the extreme case of medium hardness).
Well, in the continuation of several ideas on the use of such a paint.