How to make a daisy, poppy or bell from paper
Today's project is dedicated to the manufacture of artificial colors from crepe paper. This is a paper that has a shallow-folding surface. In general, it is intended for the manufacture of decorative materials, sanitary products or for insulating pads.
You will need:
- petals samples (downloadable here);
- crepe paper (different colors + necessarily green color);
- wire (preferably green);
- glue gun or glue;
- Scotch tape (optional);
- wax (optional);
- brush (optional);
Stems for flowers
1. Start by cutting the wire into pieces that are about 10-12 in length.
2. Take crepe paper of green color and cut it into strips about 0,5 in width.
3. Apply a few drops of glue on one of the previously cut strips of crepe paper, and tightly wrap a piece of wire.
4. Wrap as many wires as you want in the future flowers.
1. To form a stamen of a flower, take a strip of orange crepe paper and wrap it around the tip of one of the stems several times.
2. Take the white creped paper and cut out the rectangle with the dimensions 5x10, then add this rectangle with the accordion in 5 layers.
3. Look at the daisy petal pattern and cut out a similar shape from your accordion. Do not touch the bends, cut only the top and bottom. Then unfold the accordion and in the lower left corner, drip a drop of glue.
4. Now take the stalk with the stamen for the daisy and glue it (as shown in the picture). And then roll everything into a tube, periodically applying glue droplets for better fixation.
5. Take another strip of green crepe paper and tightly wrap the roots of the petals. During the wrapping, periodically apply a little glue to ensure a better fixation.
6. Vaasha the daisy is almost ready. Gently spread the petals to the sides, and then use a pencil or pen to twist them a little (as shown in the picture).
7. To give the final look to the flower - gently with the fingers give the petals the necessary shape. And now your daisy is ready.
1. To form a stamen, cut out a rectangle measuring 2,5x7,5, see crepe paper of the required color. Note the paper pattern should be parallel to the short edge. Then make the cuts, not reaching the edge of about 0,5 cm.
2. Fingers twist the fringe a little, and then in the bottom left corner, drip a bit of glue and glue the stalk. The stem should not extend beyond the line of the incision.
3. Fold all in a tube, periodically applying a little glue for fixation.
4. Take the orange creped paper, cut out the rectangle with the dimensions 7,5x13,5, see and fold it with the accordion to get 5 layers. Use a pattern for the poppy petals to cut out the desired shape. Pay attention, the lower part of the accordion should not be cut.
5. Unfold the accordion, in the lower left corner, drip a drop of glue and glue the stalk.
6. Then fold the petals into the tube, periodically applying glue to fix it.
7. Add a strip of green crepe paper to the roots of the petals and just below. While wrapping, try to tighten it more tightly, and periodically fix it with a drop of glue.
8. When you find the wrap is sufficient - cut off excess paper.
9. Fingers carefully spread the petals and give them the necessary shape. Everything, poppy is ready!
1. To make a stamen for a bell, cut out a square of 2,5x2,5 dimensions from the green crepe paper. Along one edge make slits approximately 0,5 in depth.
2. In the lower left corner, drip a drop of glue and glue the stem, and then fold it into a tube, periodically fixing with glue.
3. The edges of the stamens finger spread a little in different directions. Then take the white creped paper and cut out the square 2,5x2,5. See Along one of the edges of the square, parallel to the paper pattern, apply a little glue.
4. Fold the square into the tube, glue the edges and put it on the stalk with a stamen.
5. Squeeze the bottom of the tube, place it in the desired position on the stem, and then wrap it with a strip of green crepe paper. When you wrap the base of the petals, do not forget to periodically apply glue for better fixation.
6. Carefully with your fingers, bend the upper part of the tube to form the shape of the flower.
7. Now you can admire your bell or make a few more.
1. This stage is not necessary at all. However, it will give the flowers from the paper a more realistic look. So take the candle and melt the wax.
2. Using a brush, apply the wax gently to the petals. Try to apply the wax evenly.
3. Set aside your flowers and let them dry a little, and then use them further if necessary. In the next article, We will try to tell you how to make a wreath from these paper flowers. Although this technique of association you can apply and completely for other compositions. (To be continued …)