How to make an inscription on a glass jar or bottle
Today we want to offer you a simple and not labor-consuming project on how to give a little bit of individuality to your jars and what is stored in them. And We will do it thanks to the inscriptions on them. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- glass jars or bottles;
- paste for etching glass;
- self-adhesive letters (or sticky tape + clerical knife, and letters can be cut by yourself);
- duct tape;
- elements of decor (you can cut yourself out of paint tape);
1. Wash and dry your jars well.
2. If you are going to sign a bank, then paste the letters. Using a sticky tape, make a rectangle around these letters. If you do not have self-adhesive letters at hand, you can take a paint tape, paint letters with a pencil and cut them with a clerical knife.
3. If you are going to simply decorate a jar, then stick an openwork ribbon or other decor elements. Do not be afraid to fantasize, you can take paint tape and cut out necessary shapes from it, and then glue them to the necessary place of the jar. In general, fantasize. The main thing to remember is that you have been stuck in a pristine state, and there will be unmarked places to be matted.
4. Pay attention to the edges of the adhesive tape, whether there are no glued places, otherwise the edges of your future engraving will turn out uneven.
5. Take the paste to etch the glass and with a brush put it on the necessary places of the can. Paste paste a thick layer so that it covers all the necessary places, and the letters could hardly be discerned. And more, the more paste you put on, the more dull the effect will turn out.
6. Leave your jars in this kind of minutes on 30.
7. When the paste has dried, take the jars and wash the whole paste with them. Examine the inscriptions on the banks for defects, they can still be corrected until you have removed the adhesive tape. Just repeat the above operations and apply a few paste to etch the glass.
8. Remove the adhesive tape and all letters, and then wipe the surface with a damp cloth or a damp cloth. This must be done to remove the remnants of the paste from the jar.
9. Вот и все, Ваши баночки с надписями готовы!