How to make an inscription (signboard) from foam plastic
How to decorate your interior? This question is asked by many. We present you the project for decorating walls with foam. And we will do a simple and not an intricate inscription (well, or a drawing). By the way, this technique can be used to make branded signage with your logo.
You will need:
- solid foam (single piece of the required size);
- computer, printer, paper;
- pen and marker;
- a jigsaw;
- water-based paint and roller.
1. Draw on paper (or using a computer) what you want to get in the end. If you chose paper, then do not forget to scan the image. And if you used a computer, save it all in a graphical format (jpg, bmp or others).
2. To print the stencil in full size, you can use the standard Windows program - Paint. Open Preview> Page Setup. In the appeared window in the section, specify the required number of pages in height and width. The program automatically stretches the stencil.
3. When you print - spread them on a piece of foam in the required order and secure with adhesive tape. If necessary, trim unnecessary edges and make sure that the contours of the pattern are straight.
4. Circle the contours of the drawing or the inscription with a pen so that the imprint remains on the foam. Then circle this fingerprint with the marker (just in case).
5. It remains to cut out the resulting image. To do this, use a jigsaw. Styrofoam is cut softly, quietly, calmly and pleasantly :).
6. If you find any inaccuracies during sawing - use sandpaper or file (file). Those. everything is like a tree, only at times simpler.
7. The next stage of work - drawing on the ends of the picture (inscription) a thin layer of putty. Next, dry and hose to have a smooth surface.
8. For painting, use a water-based paint. Color the desired color and color. Allow the paint to dry and, if necessary, apply another 1 layer. Pay attention - do not use aerosol paint from cans, since it contains an aggressive solvent - such as acetone, which corrodes foam. By the way, for coloring the main surface, we recommend using a roller, and for sharp angles - a brush.
9. That's all! The inscription (picture) for decorating the interior is ready. It remains only to hang in the required place. By the way, for this you can use the usual super-glue (polystyrene is lightweight and it will withstand it).