How to make a desktop organizer from plastic pipes
We bring to your attention a fairly simple project to create a desktop organizer. Of course, it is not as compact as the "purchased" desktop organizers, but it does not take originality. And be sure that by placing such an organizer on your desk - you will certainly attract a lot of surprised looks. So let's get started.
You will need:
- pieces of plastic pipes of different diameters;
- hacksaw for metal;
- piece of plywood (according to the size of the future organizer);
- a jigsaw;
- fine-grained abrasive paper;
- Super glue;
- acrylic paint (color at your discretion).
1. Take pieces of plastic pipes of different diameters and cut them into cylinders of the same length (about 15-20 see each). Sections must be perpendicular to the pipe so that the cylinder can stand steadily.
2. Since the "cups" will be of different heights, on each of them at a distance from 5 to 15, see from the edge, apply the marking at the required angle. We recommend choosing an angle of 60 degrees in relation to the length of the "cup". Keep this angle on all "cups" was the same.
3. Use a hacksaw and make cuts at the required angle on all blanks.
4. Take the file and clean the places of the saws to remove the burrs. In addition, the smooth edge can be cleaned with fine-grained sanding paper.
5. Place the "cups" in the right place, thus creating the overall structure of the future organizer. The side with an uneven angle should be on the bottom.
6. Use super glue and glue together "cups".
7. When the design of the future desktop organizer is finally glued - place it on a sheet of plywood and circle the contours with a marker (or pencil). By the way, you do not need to use thick plywood.
8. Use a jigsaw to cut the necessary contour of the base from the plywood.
9. Strip the edges of the plywood base with fine-grained sanding paper.
10. At the bottom ends of the glued "cups" apply super glue and apply the sawed plywood base evenly. It is desirable to press it a little, so that the plywood is stuck more tightly.
11. When the glue dries, paint everything in the required color. By the way, it's better to use a spray-paint. On the surface it will lie more evenly and will not leave smears from the brush. You may need to repeat the coloring 2-3 times to achieve a uniform shade.
12. When the next layer of paint is completely dry - you can put your personal desktop organizer on your desk and enjoy the surprised looks of your colleagues, and the questions "where did you buy it?".