How to make a pen and ink with your own hands
Calligraphy is the most beautiful and most widespread art in the world. It has been used by people for thousands of years to express thoughts, ideas and emotions. Almost until the end of the 19 century, this was done with the help of a pen. Today We suggest you make a pen and ink with your own hands, and when finished, you can practice a little with a pen.
You will need:
- liquid soap;
- PVA glue;
- a jar for ink;
- 10 nails (not rusty);
- a wooden spoon (or wand);
- 4 sachets of black tea;
- a small bowl;
- food film.
For the pen:
- a scalpel (or other small and very sharp knife);
- a piece of thick wire;
- glass jar;
- a bit of river sand.
* It is very important to choose a good pen. The best is a goose feather long 25-30 cm (can be replaced by a turkey feather from its tail).
1. Mix liquid soap with water in the following proportions: 1 / 4 glass of liquid soap on 2 glass of water. In the resulting solution, put the nails and leave them there for half an hour.
2. Drain the soapy water and wash the container. Again put the clean nails in a bowl and pour them with vinegar. Wrap all the food film and leave in this state for 2 days.
3. In a saucepan pour 1 a glass of water, put tea bags in it and put it on the fire. As soon as the water boils - cut 10 minutes, then remove the tea from the plate. Allow the water to cool down. Then in equal proportions mix tea and vinegar (do not forget to remove the nails). Now with this mixture fill the jar, prepared for ink on 3 / 4. In the jar, add as many PVA glue as necessary to make the ink thicken to consistency suitable for writing, but not too much. Be sure to mix everything thoroughly.
So you did the ink. Do not pay attention to the color - on paper it will turn black when the ink dries.
Make a pen
1. Take a goose feather and a scalpel, along the trunk, cut off the necessary number of "denticles" until you get the trunk of the necessary length for convenient fixation in the hand. By the way, in the traditional re-cut all the denticles, and the trunk of the pen was trimmed to 15-20 cm. But agree feather with plumage looks attractive.
2. Now let's lighten the trunk of the pen a little. To do this, heat the sand in the oven, pour it into a jar and stick a pen there. Leave the pen there for half an hour.
3. So, now you need to form the tip of the pen. First, take a pen in your hand and decide how you like it better to keep and write. Remember where the bottom of the pen is (for traditional writing, the pen rests on the middle finger, so the bottom is the place where the finger touches the pen). Put the feather with this side up and cut off the tip with the scalpel at an angle of about 45 degrees.
4. Now you need to delete the insides of the pen. To do this, take the wire and push it inside, and then take it out with a sharp movement. The wire will catch the inner fluff and slightly podvytavt it, well, you already pull all the hands completely.
5. Now again take the scalpel, from the place of the previous cut, a little back to the side of the plumage and make a cut at a sharper angle (as if planing). You should get something like this, as shown in the figure.
6. The final step is the formation of the point. To do this, gently trim the point to the desired size (the thinner it is, the thinner your pen will be written).
Now you have a pen and ink! Definitely you will have to practice to get the pen writing skill. By the way, there are many articles and textbooks on the Internet about this.