How to make a simple table of plexiglass with your own hands
Good afternoon, dear masters and craftsmen! What could be better than a cup of fragrant coffee or tea, brought in the morning by your second half, directly to your bed. It is also romantic. Therefore, today's project We decided to dedicate this idea. Today we want to invite you to make your own bed table from plexiglass. Such a project is easy to perform, and the result will surpass all your expectations.
You will need:
- Plexiglas (required dimensions and thickness not less than 5 mm.);
- Building hair dryer;
- Scotch tape (preferably not transparent).
1. Start by determining the size of the table. But keep in mind that the larger the table, the thicker plexiglas you will need. In the presented project a piece of plexiglass is used with dimensions of 120 x 50 cm.
2. Further it is necessary to note the bending points. In this project, the height of the legs is 25, see, therefore, using scotch measure the necessary distance and mark this place with adhesive tape.
3. In order to form the legs of your future table, put a piece of Plexiglass on the surface with smooth edges (for example a kitchen table) so that the folding point coincides with the edge of the surface. That piece of plexiglass that lies on the table - pinch, or ask someone to hold it. Then take a building hair dryer and for about 4 minutes heat the fold line. Plexiglas should become soft and flexible, so just bend it at an angle of 90 degrees (or slightly less). Leave the bent plexiglass in this position for about 30 minutes. Please note that this operation is recommended when using a mask-filter for the mouth and nose area, as the vapors allocated by Plexiglas can be toxic when heated.
4. Repeat the operation described in step 3 and form the other leg of the table. And that's all! The table is ready - use and give your loved ones wonderful moments of care and tenderness in the morning (in the form of a cup of tea or coffee in bed). By the way, such a table will perfectly fit into the interior in the style of minimalism.