How to make simple cardboard animals
Tackle today with handicrafts in conjunction with your children and make simple cardboard animals. It does not take much time, but it will give you the joy of collaborative creativity. Such toys will not take up much space and will fit even in a small box (in disassembled form). Therefore, you can always take them with you on the road and entertain your kids.
You will need:
- Color cardboard (the thicker, the better);
- Template (download)
1. Print the pattern with the animals and cut out the individual parts.
2. Use the cut out templates as a stencil. Place it on a piece of cardboard of the required color and circle it with a pencil. By the way, children are happy to get involved in this process and will readily help you. The colors of the trunk and legs should be chosen at your discretion (or entrust it to children).
3. Gently cut out the cardboard shapes on the contour.
4. Make small cuts in the fastenings.
5. All! You can proceed with the assembly. Insert the legs in the trunk at the points of the slits (as shown in the figure). Now your cardboard animal can stand on its own!
6. Make some different animals and play together in a farm or a zoo!