How to make cold porcelain (polymer clay) with your own hands
Recently we wrote an article about how to do it pendant. In that master class, we used polymer clay, or as it is even more often called - cold porcelain. This article is devoted to how to make such clay with your own hands. By the way, it is also useful for people with problem joints of fingers, because with mixing dry heat very well warms your fingers + this is good gymnastics.
For preparation we need:
- glue 2x species: Moment of PVA and Titanium (according to 1 glass);
- 1 glass of cornstarch;
- 1 tablespoon of glycerin;
- 1 teaspoon of citric acid (juice);
- baby oil;
- a bowl for a microwave oven;
- glue The Moment PVA should have the marking D2, and Titan D3, because there are plasticizers in them and applying them you will get an almost perfect cold forfor.
- It is better to use starch namely corn, and not potato.
- The ratio of glue and starch should be 1: 1.
1. Take a bowl in which we will prepare all this miracle (Note that the bowl should be suitable for use in a microwave oven). Mix all the ingredients in the bowl (glue 2x types: Moment of PVA and Titan (according to 1 glass); 1 glass of corn starch; 1 tablespoon of glycerin; 1 teaspoon of citric acid). Remember: first mix the liquids and then add the starch. All this is well mixed until a homogeneous mass is obtained and left for 15 minutes.
2. Put the cup with the mass in the microwave for 30 sec. Then pull out and mix thoroughly.
3. We put two more times for 30 sec, each time mixing.
4. We set three more times for 20 sec, each time mixing.
5. Further on 15 seconds, not forgetting to mix. Mass with each time becomes more dense. We put on 15 seconds. until the mass is collected in one lump.
6. Cover with a wet cloth until slightly cooled to the temperature when you can hold it in your hands. Grease the hands and the table with cream, put your weight on it and start to knead it well, like a dough. If the lump is not completely comfortable to grind, divide it into parts, those parts that are not in work - wrap in cellophane.
7. The mass after mixing is quite plastic and pleasant. And in the end, you get this piece of cold porcelain. It is very good stretches, and does not break, and this is the most important thing!
8. Now our cold porcelain should be put in a bag, smeared with cream, and wrap well, so as not to get air.
9. Before you start to sculpt, it is advisable to give the porcelain lie down for 24 hours or slightly more, the properties of the mass improve from this.