How to Weave a Friendship Bracelet
Bracelets of friendship are an old tradition, when friends or close people give each other bracelets made by themselves. These bracelets are worn on the wrist and remind you of a loved one. Basically, such friendship bracelets are common among teenagers. Today we will try to weave one of these bracelets.
We will need:
- thread of a floss;
Instruction on weaving.
1. Select the thread of the color you want to use in your friendship bracelet. Cut the selected threads into the required length (usually this is of the order of 284 cm).
2. Exactly fold all the threads together, and then fold them in half.
3. At a distance of about 8, see the knot from the folding point (as shown in the figure).
4. Arrange all the colors in the desired order. Threads should, like the rays, diverge from the node and one part must be mirror-like the other (i.e. if the thread of red color is leftmost, then the red thread should be the rightmost one). Do this for all colors. For convenience, fix the place with the knot by holding it in the drawer (or simply sticking it with adhesive tape to the table).
5. Starting from the left side, take the first thread (in the example - orange) and tie it with a knot with the second thread, (in the example - red). Knot the knot in the following way: create the shape "4", and the 2 thread (red) must remain straight, and the 1 thread bends in the form "L", passes over the 2 thread (red) and wraps inside "4" .
6. Pull the tail "4" and form the first node.
7. Now, using the same threads, make one more same node. Make sure that the orange thread passes from the top red, so you will get an orange stitch.
8. Continue to bind the oranzhevuyu thread with the subsequent, until you finish the series. Remember, any stitch consists of two knots.
9. For the orange thread on the right side, follow the same steps, just start right and go left. Notice the "4" form for the node will be mirrored to the left side. Otherwise, do the same until you form an orange row.
10. When you finish both rows, your orange threads will meet in the center. Now tie both orange threads together in a similar way. Everything, the first row is completed.
11. Now proceed to the 2 and subsequent series using the above actions. For the left side, start with the leftmost thread and go to the right. For the right side, on the contrary, start with the rightmost thread and go left. When the threads meet, tie them together with a knot.
12. Continue the process of braiding until you reach the required length. After that, divide all threads into three groups (left, right, center).
13. Start to braid the pigtail. Take the rightmost strand and toss it across the middle. Then take the leftmost strand and toss it across the middle strand. Continue to braid, alternating left and right strand, tossing them through the center.
14. Braid the "pigtail" length about 5 cm. Then tie all three strands in one knot and cut the tips. Note: Do not cut the tips too close to the knot.
15. Now, go to the top of the bracelet (remember, at the very beginning we tied a knot). Try using fingers or using a needle to untie this knot. Then cut the fold with a pair of scissors.
16. When you untie the knot, braid the "pigtail" long about 5 cm, similar to the lower end. At the end, tie a knot and cut off excess strands.
17. Now you can put the bracelet on your wrist and tie the ends together. Everything, your friendship bracelet is ready!