How to sew a basket for toys
If you have children, then you probably noticed that your house is gradually turning into a branch of a toy store. Sometimes there are so many toys that there is a problem with their storage. To solve this small problem will help today's project (well, or a little order toys). And to do (or rather sew) we will be a basket for toys.
You will need:
- dense fabric of suitable colors;
- thread with a needle or a sewing machine;
- iron and ironing board;
- a large enough round object instead of a template (a large plate or a lid from a pan).
1. Lay the cloth on the table with the wrong side up. Circle the large plate or cover by marking a circle on the fabric.
2. Cut out the markings and measure the length of the resulting circle (remember the geometry course - the circumference is 3,14 * by the diameter of the circle). Next, prepare a cloth for sewing the walls of the basket. The length of the blade is equal to the length of the circumference plus 5 centimeters on the seam. Choose the width of the canvas on your own. The width of the canvas will determine the height of the basket. Do not forget to leave the allowance so that the top edge of the canvas can be turned several times and then stitched. Note that the more you fold the edge, the harder the structure.
3. Try to make sure that the bottom is exactly in place. If necessary, slightly change the width of the overlap. Stitch on the sewing machine. Fix the bottom of the basket with the help of pins.
4. Straighten the edge along the entire circumference. If you want the basket to be more rigid, you can make it two-layered. To do this, repeat all the previous steps by making another cover.
5. The outer case is turned out face-down, and the inner front side inside. Insert the inner cover into the outer cover. Align their edges. Turn the inside a few times and secure with pins. If necessary, pre-iron the bends with a hot iron so that the fabric does not fray.
6. It remains to stitch the edge, unscrew and the original basket for toys is ready. Note that an empty basket may not hold the shape, but everything will be all right when you fill it with toys.