How to sew a simple soft doll "matryoshka"
Today's project is a kind of basis for making various soft toys, tildes and rag dolls. The project itself is fairly simple to perform and does not take much time. And as a result you will get a charming rag doll "matryoshka" (why we called it so ourselves do not know, probably just looks like its wooden analog). So, we proceed.
You will need:
- bright colored cotton fabric;
- flap of beige cotton (for the face);
- thread (in the tone of the fabric used);
- sewing machine (optional);
- red and black threads floss (optional, used for mouth and eyes);
- filler (preferably holofayber);
- ornaments (red ribbon, flower).
1. Take a piece of paper and draw in the pencil the elements of the future pattern. Then use the scissors and cut them out.
2. Attach each of the elements of the pattern to the necessary fabric, circle them (for example with a sharp piece of soap) and cut them out. In this example, the face (circle) is cut from beige fabric, and the body of the pupa itself is made of bright colored cotton fabric. For the body of the pupa you will need 2 identical tissue patterns.
3. Sew the face of the matryoshka on the contour to the body (both fabrics should be face up). It is best to use a sewing machine and put a stitch in the form of a high zigzag. During sewing, take your time and do not pull the fabric. If you still make a mistake - do not worry, you can close it with a decorative element (for example, a flower). Just sew it by hand in the right place.
4. Fold together the 2 body patterns (one with the face sewn earlier) together. Note that the face of the patterns should be facing each other. For convenience, you can pin them together.
5. Again, use the sewing machine and sew a straight, even seam on the contour of the 2 body pattern. Be sure to leave a small non-sewn space with the length of 2-3, see this place (hole) it is desirable to do from the bottom, so it will be less noticeable in the future.
6. Through the non-sewn hole, twist the pupa's body, so that the front side is outside. For turning it is convenient to use a pencil or a wooden stick.
7. Through the same hole, fill the pupa with a filler. As a filler, you can use various materials (cotton wool, feathers, scraps, etc.), but we recommend holofayber. In addition, it is also convenient to use a pencil or a wooden stick for printing.
8. When you just fill the chrysalis (it all depends on your hardness preferences) gently sew the hole with your hands. Be sure to bend the edges and use a hidden seam.
9. There are a few small strokes left - draw eyes and mouth. By the way, and mouth, and eyes, you can embroider threads floss (so just do not erase anything).
10. That's all your simple soft doll "matryoshka" is ready. Be sure to give her a name, and then make a few more and decorate them with your interior (or give to relatives).