How to make a picture of your own cloth with your own hands
Fabric paintings are an easy way to decorate a room. Such pictures are simple in their performance and maintenance, they are not difficult to replace. They not only fill the empty space on the wall, but also harmoniously fit into the surrounding interior. You can make such paintings from the fabric with your own hands. The whole process is quite simple and interesting, and the implementation of this idea will take only a few hours. Believe, as a result, such a picture of fabric, moreover, made by own hands, will add charm and uniqueness to your walls.
You will need:
- Industrial stapler (or a hammer with nails);
- wooden bars (about 2,5 * 2,5, see, the length of the future picture).
1. Determine the size of the picture and choose the most suitable fabric (it must necessarily be in harmony with the room's situation). Be sure to iron it with an iron so that there are no wrinkles.
2. According to the size of the picture, make a pattern. Be sure to add about 15 see the height and width. This will allow you to bend the edges of the fabric and hide them behind the frame in the future.
3. Transfer the dimensions to the fabric and cut out the desired piece.
4. For the picture frame you will need 4 bar. At what, 2 of them should be equal to the length (height) of the picture. The remaining bars should be slightly smaller than the lengths of the other sides (to make the frame exactly according to the planned dimensions and you could normally bend the fabric). For example, if your fabric picture is planned to be an 30 * 40 size, then for the 2 frame the bars should be the length of 40 cm, and 2 the length of 25 see (30-2,5-2,5). Therefore, measure the bars and apply the necessary markings to them.
5. Use a saw and saw off the bars of the required length. Make sure that the saw is flat (at 90 degrees). For accuracy, use a circular saw (if you have one at your fingertips).
6. Form the future frame. Pay attention to the shortened bars were between normal (in this case you will get a picture strictly according to the planned dimensions).
7. With the help of a hammer and nails, put together the future frame (fasten a minimum on the 2 nail).
8. On a flat surface, spread the fabric with the back side up. From above in the center, put a wooden frame. If you did everything correctly, then the edges of the fabric should flex freely from all sides.
9. Take a hammer with furniture studs (with a big bonnet) or an industrial stapler (if you have one). Bend one side of the fabric behind the frame and secure with studs (staples) along the entire length.
10. Slightly pull the fabric, bend it behind the frame and fasten it in this form on the opposite side of the picture. After that, pull the fabric slightly to the side frames of the frame and fix it in the same way.
11. To sew a corner, align it, carefully tuck it and fix it with nails or staples.
12. Well, you made a picture of your own cloth! You can hang it in any place you like (do not forget to add mounts). Note that the fabric in the picture has a feature that stretches, which leads to its sagging. Therefore, periodically the fabric needs to be tightened. It will only take a few minutes a year.