How to make an Easter basket of cardboard
Previously, for Easter baskets, only twigs of vines and willows were used. It was believed that this particular material is an amulet of impure forces. In the modern world, they do not pay any attention to this and make such Easter baskets even from thick paper. Today's project is just about making an Easter basket of cardboard. Despite the simplicity of the material, the baskets are durable and very beautiful. Such a basket will become a "highlight" of the festive table, and a wonderful gift for relatives and friends.
You will need:
- "Curb" hole punch;
- awl (optional);
- scrapbooking paper;
- a sheet of white paper;
- glue universal transparent;
- brads (brads) - 2 pcs .;
- elements of decor (flowers, leaves, etc.);
- sisal (can be replaced with straw or cotton wool).
Take a sheet of scrapbooking paper the size of 15x15cm. On its perimeter make marks every 5 see. Using the ruler, form bends. In several places, we make incisions (see the diagram).
All corners are rounded off with the help of figured or simple scissors. This item is not mandatory, but it turns out more beautiful and more accurate.
From a sheet of white paper, cut out a strip of 3 in width and a length of 20, see. Then, use a figured punch hole and punch the pattern along both edges of the paper tape. You should get something like paper lace. If there is no suitable tool, you can use a lace fabric or lace ribbon.
From scrapbooking paper, cut out a strip 2 in width and a length of 20 cm. Use a universal adhesive to glue the previously cut lace to it.
The resulting part is attached to the base (as shown in the figure).
Apply glue to the inner corners of the base and alternately press it against the place where the strip with the lace is glued.
To securely fix the handle to the basket - use brads. To do this, make a hole in the stitch, and then insert the brads from the inner sides of the basket into these holes. In principle, you can flush threads, but it is not as tight as the fastenings on the brads.
The basket is almost ready, it remains to decorate it a little. Everyone is free to decorate it to your liking. We will give some advice:
- Be sure to close the binding points of the brads from the outside. This can be done, for example, by paper circles (ovals, squares, stars, etc.) with greeting inscriptions or drawings.
- Additionally, the basket can be decorated with artificial greenery and flowers.
- Inside the basket, put sisal (can be replaced with straw or cotton wool). Soft substrate will be very useful for Easter eggs.