Leather pouch for money under antiquity
In many movies about the Middle Ages (or the Roman Empire) you can see that rich merchants have a purse with money on their belts. In today's project, we just try to do something like that. It turns out that it's quite simple, you do not even need any special skills. And you can use such a bag at home as a coin box, well, or on Feng Shui, it will attract wealth to the house (if you certainly put a couple of coins in it). So, let's get started.
You will need:
- wooden hammer (mallet);
- scissors or knife;
- needle (bigger and thicker);
- thread for the skin (alternatively you can use a string or other thick thread);
- kitchen board (you do not want to spoil your table);
- skin (leatherette - at your discretion);
- leather cord (you can, in principle, cut the strip from a piece of leather);
- Compasses for the skin (you can use the usual one, because it is basically necessary for marking).
1. Take the skin and cut out a rectangle (square) of the necessary size. This will be the walls of your bag.
2. In order to get the bottom of the wallet, you will have to remember a little math. So, the school textbook says that the length of the circle = 2 * Pi * Radius. Therefore measure the long side of your workpiece (which you cut out in the first step). This is the length of your circle. Then, following the formula, calculate the radius, which will be equal to the length of the circle divided by 2 PI (2 * 3,14). Once you have found the radius - use the compass and draw a circle, and then cut it with scissors.
3. Take the awl and on both blanks (the bottom and the walls of the pouch) along the contour at the same distance from the edges pierce the holes. Try to ensure that the distance between the holes is the same, and the number of holes on the circle coincides with the number of holes in the bottom of the rectangle. In addition, the number of holes on the short edges of the skin should also coincide. otherwise you will get "extra" holes. If you use thick skin - use a kyanik.
4. Now it's time to sew it all together. Thanks to the previous preparatory work, this should not be difficult. Take the string (if using the usual one - grate it with wax), then thread the thread in the needle eye and start sewing. You can make a seam, which you prefer.
The example uses the French stitch. To do the same, you will need 2 needles clad in one thread. Pass each of the needles into the hole on the corresponding side of the workpiece. Then you pass both needles through the seam between the sides of the workpiece. As a result, you get both needles just on the side with which you started. Now change the needles in places, and pass the left needle through the next holes of the right edge of the workpiece, and the right needle, respectively through the next hole from the left edge of the workpiece. Do not forget to tighten and as a result get a seam like the Latin letter "V". When you reach the end, just pass both needles into one hole and tie a knot.
5. To sew the bottom - also use a needle and thread (if necessary wipe it with wax). You can again use such a stitch as you want. In the example above, 2 needles are again used on one thread. One needle is threaded through the opening, the other remains on the front side. And then everything is simple, each of the needles is traced to the next hole on its side and so on. Do not forget to tighten the threads after each stitch. When you reach the end, just pass one of the threads through the next hole (you in fact sew in a circle) and tie the ends of the thread in a knot.
6. Now turn your bag outward and it's almost ready. It remains only to make a string and thereby give it a beautiful shape. To do this, punch a hole in the hole in the top of the bag and pass a leather cord through them. Another option is to make a small incision near the top edge. Then, along the contour, attach a leather cord and bend the upper edge (wrap the cord) inside. Next, you will need to sew the folded part and the wall of the bag. Another option (the easiest), just wrap the leather cord around the neck of the bag and tie it. True, this is fraught with the fact that the string can slip.
7. That's it! Pour into a pouch of coins and tighten the string! Now, according to Feng Shui, finance should come to your house.