How to make paper buttons
Find today beautiful buttons to decorate clothes and add a share of a raisin, it's easy. But still today, We decided to offer you a project on how to make amazing and original buttons yourself. The highlight of these buttons will be their shape, and they will be made from the usual cardboard boxes that you have left after consuming ready-made breakfasts (well, or other boxes, for example, from a washing powder.) So, let's begin.
You will need:
- cardboard box (from foodstuffs);
- glue PVA (or the usual clerical);
- a bit of beautiful paper (for the front of the button);
- transparent nail polish;
- decorative punchers (star, heart, butterfly, etc.);
- fine-grained abrasive paper (optional);
- hammer and awl;
- a piece of styrofoam and toothpicks (optional, for convenience).
1. Use a decorative hole punch (with the shape you like) and make six pieces from the cardboard box (as shown in the picture).
2. Take the glue and glue the blanks together (alternately all six pieces). Glue the parts neatly and watch to keep the shape of the future button.
3.If necessary - use a grinding paper and gently sweep the ends and protruding elements.
4. Use the same decorative punch and from beautiful paper (you can use wrapping paper or a picture from the magazine) make figures by the number of future buttons.
5. Glue the cardboard blank of the button with the beautiful paper blank cut out in the previous step.
6. At this stage you should get something similar.
7. Now you need to pierce the holes so that your workpiece actually turns into a button. To do this, use an awl and hammer and punch the required number of holes (2, 4 or as many as you like). Pay attention, holes should not be large, but a needle must pass through them freely.
8. Since your buttons are cardboard, you need to protect them a little from abrasion. To do this, cover them with a transparent nail polish on all sides. By the way, to cover it was easier to make the following design: in a piece of styrofoam stick a toothpick, and put a button on it (so you can cover the entire button with varnish and do not stain your hands). Be sure to let the varnish dry, and if necessary, apply one more layer.
9. That's it! Now when the varnish has dried, you can sew your buttons and surprise your loved ones. Such buttons will definitely stand out and add a highlight to your along. And yet these buttons do not really like washing, so be careful.