How to pack a gift and out of the box to make a suitcase
Probably everyone in his life came across a choice of packaging for a gift. And sometimes this is a rather difficult task (especially if you want to pack a gift originally). Today we want to offer you a small project for the production of an amazing gift box in the form of a suitcase. The result of this project can itself become a gift, but if you are going to donate clothes or shoes, then this project is just for you.
You will need:
- a box from under the shoes (although you can use any other);
- wrapping paper (preferably with a sketch imitating the skin or travel, although in fact it can be any at your discretion);
- felt (preferably black);
- old (unnecessary) leather belt;
- glue gun and glue;
- super-glue (for handles);
1. Put the box on the back of the wrapping paper, apply the necessary markings and cut out the unnecessary parts (as shown in the picture).
2. Use glue and glue the paper to the sides of the box. The remains are bent inside and also glued.
3. Do the same operation with the lid from the box (steps 1-2). The only thing, note that one side (sidewall) of the lid should be cut in the corners. It is necessary that in the future our box could be opened as a full-fledged suitcase.
4. Glue the cover to the box so that it can open. As a result, you should get something like that. In principle, at this stage, the box looks more gifted, but at the corners you can notice joints. But you want everything to be perfect. Therefore, we will continue.
5. Take the felt and cut out rectangles of the necessary size to cover the corners. Then use glue and glue them in the necessary places (wrap the corners). Please note, at the corners of the box, the felt must be glued to the lid, otherwise it will not close (or it will close with difficulty).
6. From the felt, cut out the triangles, and then glue them on the bottom of the box and on the lid to give finish to the corners.
7. Take the old strap and cut it so that you get a handle and 2 straps on the lid. Then form the handle (curl a little) and glue it on the sides.
8. Use, cut out earlier, straps for a suitcase and paste them as shown in the picture. It is desirable that from the bottom of the "suitcase" (the side of the box to the opposite side with a handle) the straps go to the very bottom of the box.
9. It remains to decorate the handle a little, adding a few "rivets". For this you can use decorative carnations (nails with a large hat for decoration). Preliminarily, the pliers remove the rod so that one cap remains. And then glue these hats in the right place.
10. Your "suitcase" is ready. Put a gift there and give it boldly. Or you can use it at home to store something. And by making a few of these you perfectly decorate the shelf.