How to make a stand for newspapers and magazines from plexiglas
Today, we suggest that you make a small table (stand) of plexiglas (plexiglass) for books or magazines. This project is simple in execution and will not take much time, and the effect will impress you. In addition, now the fresh press will always be at hand.
You will need:
- plexiglass (minimum thickness of 3 mm.);
- clerical (better building) knife;
- hacksaw for metal;
- fine-grained sandpaper.
1. Take the plexiglass and using a hacksaw, cut two identical pieces. In this project, the dimensions of these pieces are 21 x 16 cm. To make it more convenient to cut, attach a ruler and draw a line with the construction knife on the plexiglas. Then take the hacksaw on the metal and boldly cut the pieces according to the marking.
2. Using the ruler, determine the center of one of the sides. Step back from this point by 1 mm. left and right. Then make two cuts towards the center of the workpiece. The length of the cut must be of the order of 1 / 3 of the width of the workpiece. To make the markup - attach a ruler and make a construction knife.
3. When you make two cuts - break off the middle part (it should easily break off).
4. Take a fine-grained skin and clean up the cutting areas and the sides of the blanks.
5. Repeat the steps 2-4 and make similar cuts on the other piece of Plexiglas. So you need to get two exactly the same piece.
6. That's it! It remains only to connect the two pieces together, inserting one propyl in the other.