How to make a suspension pot of glass jars
Home flowers and plants will perfectly decorate any interior, add to it a highlight and be sure to please the look. Alas, this can not be said about the pots and pots for this fragrant greenery (of course there are some interesting specimens, but more often it's handmade work). So, in today's project, we offer you to make your own original wall holder for plants (otherwise you can not call this tongue
You will need:
- board (length approximately 1 meter);
- glass jars (the more original they are the better);
- metal clamps (according to the diameter of the can);
- metal fastening (connecting) plates;
- wood screws;
- screwdriver (screwdriver will ease your work);
- saw (optional);
- paint (varnish) for wood (optional);
- brush (optional);
- grinding paper (optional).
1. Carefully approach the choice of the board (this depends more 50% of the final appearance). Interesting elements in choosing wood will be the structure and evenness of the edges. After you select a suitable board - cut it to the desired length and use sandpaper to clean it from scoring (if necessary). In addition, you can paint it in the color you need (or varnish, which is more elegant in our opinion and preserves the visible structure of the tree).
2. Determine the number of pots and using a ruler and a pencil (marker), mark the locations of the anchorages (just put the dots in these places). Try to keep the points at equal distances from each other, and also the extreme points are at the same distance from the edges.
3. For each fastening point, attach a metal fastening plate (connecting plate) and mark the places for screwdriving. Try to arrange the plates as flat as possible along the horizontal line.
4. Begin to screw the screws into the necessary places. Note that the simplest way to assemble the whole structure is as follows: twist the 1 screw, take the metal clip and wind it under the mounting plate, and then tighten the second screw.
5. Take your jars, rinse them and bring them to a proper state.
6. Insert the jars into the metal clips and tighten. Be careful - do not over tighten, otherwise the bank will just burst (but it should not hang too). By the way, as an option, you can use rubber gaskets between the yoke and the jar (this will save the jar from splitting and add strength).
7. Well, your original wall holder for flowers and plants is almost ready. It remains only to add fasteners on the back side and hang this miracle in the right place.
8. Pour into the new pots of earth and transplant your flowers and plants into them. Enjoy and do not forget to water.