How to make a simple hairpin asterisk from felt
The hairpins described in today's project are easy to make and do not take much time. And they look very nice and, as it seems to us, especially suitable for your little daughter. In addition, such stars can also be used as an element of decor in one of your projects.
You will need:
- felt (of different colors);
- needle and thread;
- small buttons (the more unusual the better);
- a simple metal barrette (if you make a hair clip).
1. For each barrette you will need 2 squares of felt (different colors), about 8x8 in size.
2. Place one square on the other, and then make the slots diagonally from each corner to the center (not reaching the center about 0,5 see).
3. Now bend the corners to the center (as shown in the picture) and, using a needle and thread, sew them. By the way, it's more convenient to sew one corner at a time, i.e. bent - sewn, and then move on to the next. Alternatively, you can use a pin - just grind it all the corners for easy stitching.
4. Take a beautiful button and sew it in the center, thereby closing the previous stitches.
5. If you make such stars for the future decor of your project, then you can stop at this. We will perform several more operations and make a hairpin. Therefore, for each barrette (if you immediately do several), cut out a mug of felt with a diameter of about 3 cm.
6. Take a simple metal barrette, the previously cut circle and sew it all to the sprocket as shown in the picture. Please note that the stitches should not come out on the front side.
A hairpin (or several for each day) is ready!