How to make an aquarium from an old TV
If suddenly for some reason you still have your old tube TV - do not rush it out right now. And it does not matter that it does not work anymore! Today we will try to give him a new life in part and use his body to stylize the aquarium for those old, good times.
You will need:
- old tube TV (you can not work and preferably unnecessary);
- saw (optional).
1. Carefully remove the back cover of the TV and remove all the insides including the kinescope (make sure that the TV's power is turned off). Especially be careful with the kinescope, do not throw it on the floor and do not knock it with a hammer - there is a vacuum, it can explode. If possible, try to keep the power buttons and channel switching (they can be used to turn on light, filter or something else).
2. Measure the interior space to determine the size of the future aquarium. You can collect it yourself, or you can order it in the workshop (I'm sure there are such in every city).
3. After you have an aquarium (by the way, we'll try to write somehow about how to make it yourself), decorate it a little. Add sand, pebbles, small figures, water. By the way, it would be nice to print out some photo of the seabed on a color printer and stick it to the back of the aquarium (to create a background and hide the insides of the TV).
4. Well, it's up to the little thing to install this all in the previously prepared, "cleaned" television corps, pour water and add fish (although it is possible without them). If desired, you can connect the lighting and filter to clean the water to the buttons on the TV.