How to make a vase from an old light bulb with your own hands
What can be done from old or lost functionality? Very much, and often such things can breathe new style into your interior. Today We will again use the burned light bulb, and make a charming little vase in the style of minimalism. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- a light bulb (better fused, normal can still be used for lighting);
- an awl (or a thin screwdriver);
- a hammer;
- thick wire.
1. Take the light bulb and remove the metal parts of the cap with pliers.
2. Shilom (or a thin screwdriver), press the glass part of the cap. Be careful, and do not cut yourself with shards of glass or an awl.
3. Now you need to remove the bulb and filament. To do this, We'll just crush it. Therefore, use a bolt and a hammer. Tap it neatly, you do not want to break the bulb from the bulb. Then just sprinkle all the pieces. Make sure that there are no sharp pieces of glass left in the lamp base. They need to remove everything, and then in the future you can cut yourself.
4. This step is only necessary if your light is matte. You need a little silicon dioxide and rags. Carefully erase the entire inner layer. But we still advise you not to bother with this, but initially use a transparent light bulb.
5. Take a thick wire and twist from it a tripod (holder) for the bulb. Here you can depict everything, anything, if only the whole construction was stable in the end. Then place the bulb in the desired location of the tripod. In the example for fixing the bulb, a hook was twisted like an ordinary hanger, and since the cap is narrowed, the bulb will not slip (unless it is of course specially rocked). That's all, the whole process takes from the power of 10-15 minutes, and in the end you get an interesting and original vase.