How to make a vintage doll made from corn husk
In very distant times dolls for girls were made from improvised materials. It could be straw, a rope, a piece of cloth, a corn husk or something. Today, we will try to make one of these dolls using corn husks as a material. By the way, if you have already grown out of the "puppet" age, then make this doll just for the decor of your interior! So, let's get started.
What will be required:
- dried corn husk;
- twine or other tight rope;
- small flowers for crafts;
- tubules (for convenience, you can and without them);
- Glue gun (only needed for a wreath).
1. Soak the dried corn husk in water for about 10 minutes. Water softens them and makes them more flexible. Then let them dry a little.
2. Take a twine or other rope and cut it into pieces for about 10 see each. Then fold them and tie the knot at one end. This will be the head of your doll. If the node is small, tie another knot over it.
3. Take the corn husks and wrap the doll's head from all sides (as shown in the picture). Use 3-5 pieces of corn husks. Then wrap it with a string just above the main assembly and tie the knot.
4. Gently lower the corn husk down, thereby opening the doll's hair. Then, just below the main site, wrap it with a string and lock it again, creating a neck.
5. Now put your hair and neck head aside for a while, it's time for hands and feet. Take 3 pieces of corn husks and tightly roll them into a tube. For convenience, you can use a straw and wrap a corn husk around it. Next, take the resulting tubules and braid out of the braid. Fix the ends of the pigtail with a twine, tying the nodules. Repeat this operation a further 2 times to make a pair of legs.
6. Now take the first part of the doll that you made in the steps of 1-4. Unbend a portion of the corn husks and place arms and legs (as shown in the picture). Close the bent part and fix your hands and feet, tightly fitting the waist of the doll with string. Make a few turns around the waist before fixing it all in a knot.
7. Now make a wreath for your doll. Cut a piece of twine around 5 cm in length. Using an adhesive gun paste decorative flowers, leaving 1 on each side.
8. When the glue stands up, tie a wreath around the head of the doll.
The special charm of this doll lies in her hair. You can play, braid braids and create interesting hairstyles.