How to make zodiac constellations out of threads and nails
The most beautiful thing about the art of String art is that it is one of the easiest ways to decorate and personalize your interior. By the way, We have already described this technique and if you wish to learn more about the process, you can read here. And today We want to invite you to create a composition of the zodiacal constellation corresponding to your sign of the zodiac. Although, if you think about it, you can not just limit yourself to your sign, but create signs for your entire family, or go even further, and create a full circle of zodiacal constellations. So, let's get started.
You will need:
- board of plywood (about 20x20 see);
- dark blue paint on wood;
- a little white paint;
- Small carnations with large hats (3-5 mm.);
- white thread;
- constellation pattern (downloadable here);
- a hammer;
1. Download and print in the right size the necessary zodiacal constellation. By the way, if you do not like the presented templates, look for others on the Internet.
2. Take the plywood and paint it in a dark blue color (the color of the evening sky). Then let it dry for a bit. By the way, as an alternative, if you have a beautiful image of the zodiacal constellation - you can not paint the surface, but simply translate the required image into a tree (how to do it read here).
3. If you did not translate the image to plywood, then place the printed pattern on it and fix it with adhesive tape. Then take a hammer and nails, and in the places where the stars should be located - drive the nails into the plywood. Score them not to the end, but approximately to 1 / 3 - 1 / 2 the length of the nail. Pay attention: the nails should not punch the plywood and go out on the other side.
4. Remove the pattern and color the nail heads white (the hats will symbolize the stars). Allow the paint to dry, and then start winding the thread. To do this, select the starting point and fix the thread on it with a double knot. Then start stretching the thread from the carnation to the stud, making a turn around each nail and thereby fixing the thread. When you reach the last nail, wrap a thread around it and tie it to the 2 knot. Scissors cut off excess ends.
5. That's all! Your exposition with your zodiac sign is ready, you can decorate your interior with it or make a few more for the whole family.